TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to start on the right foot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nailo

Nailo

How to start on the right foot Empty
PostSubject: How to start on the right foot   How to start on the right foot EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey guys, I posted this one up because I'm not to sure about how I start off the game as the different races. So far mine has worked but thats not saying much considering as at this moment I've only played 5 online matches. Out of those 5, only 2 matches were 1 v 1, the others were 2 v 2. Now admitably, I've only played veruna in these matches, not because it is my prefered race, but just because. Every match I open what I figure would be normal but I'm not sure. Generally I have my monarch build my T1 building, and then I tell my monarch to build my mana stones while the T1 building is pumping out 2 builders. <-----I have noticed but am not sure of whether or not it would be better to have my monarch help pump out the builders. My first method where my monarch goes to handle the mana leaves my builders open to early attack but I like to think its faster at getting mana then the other. Whereas the 2nd option seems to be able to protect my builders a little better. In case 1 both my builders will build another T1 building while my monarch is on mana. In case 2 one of my builders will work on the mana and the other will build another T1 building. My initial T1 building will pump out a scouting bird right after my builders and then +++ basic melee units. My monarch will then move to build defensive gates and after a 3rd or 4th T1 building is up I'll tech up to T2. Basically I'm asking about what you guys think could some tweaking, should I make more builders before scout, should I delay the scout for way later, am I too slow in teching up, too early perhaps, do I need to make my monarch do something more constructive, or perhaps I should be more aggressive? I would like a few tips or pointers to get me in the right direction, thanks again ~ Nailo
Back to top Go down
http://mediagathering.webs.com
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: How to start on the right foot   How to start on the right foot EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 am

Hey Nailo. You seem to have an understanding already on how to play this game. All these questions you ask are part of this game being that it is strategy. Noone is going to completely hold your hand, but this is the first step.. asking for help. Eventually someone will take you under their wing. First thing I will tell you is get to know the things that you do well and than implement strategies and tactics that improve your overall game in the areas that you are weak. I am always trying new things these days, which is probably a bad thing for me because I feel like I am trying to re-learn too much all at once. I don't remember playing you so I cannot break down anything that you are doing wrong. But than agin, I am still trying to regain whatever skill I ever had a long time ago. Not everything is like riding a bike in life lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to start on the right foot   How to start on the right foot EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Actually, you become a different player than you used to be. Having more experience results in something better than you used to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to start on the right foot   How to start on the right foot Empty

Back to top Go down

How to start on the right foot
Page 1 of 1