TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rolling Tower & transportation tricks

Go down 
+2
$ MalinOMW
$_ARTHAN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Rolling Tower & transportation tricks Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Since Rolling Tower is considered a truly cost-ineffective unit, I would like to advertise a little bit by pointing one of its most awesome abilities; unit transportation.
As the only land transporter in the game, there are quite some feats it can do.

1) Hide units; if you want to protect a builder of yours from a freezing attack or to hide your Assassin for a surprising strike, then Rolling Tower is your unit!

2) Titans; it is heard that Titans still give defence bonus while transported, so a Rolling Tower can be a viable option with them.

3) Bypassing Walls; if you load a unit, you can unload it a few steps away, making it able to transport it over a wall and right inside your opponent's base. It actually makes sense, if you think it is actually a siege tower. Smile

4) Climbing cliffs; once again, if you load a unit, you can unload a few steps away, making it able to transport it to the top of a cliff or to the bottom of it. Think it like a staircase... Wink

That's all for now. What are your uses of Rolling Tower's transporting capabilities?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 pm

usually i borrow zhon builder and get rocs :S
or taros and gs

but in 1v1 it can be good in some very specific circumstances

but it is still expensive (not better to make stronger? army 6mage archers + 2 cannoners(example))

but maybe against creon to hide acolyte, but in the other side better to make lots of archers :S

rolling tower can be good only on some really weird maps to transport

and can be good for scripts maps for made climatic tranport unit Very Happy

Edit
i use one time rolling tower on script where u had only aramon units and there are some berms, so to conquer i needed to made rolling towers
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I use rolling towers sometimes to save Elsin from witch/fire mage drop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
1) Hide units; if you want to protect a builder of yours from a freezing attack or to hide your Assassin for a surprising strike, then Rolling Tower is your unit!
nice one.

but im not sure if titan gives boost from inside... aco would also have to heal from inside and that would b crazy

Spagg wrote:

but i never saw u doing this
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 pm

I use rolling towers because it is a good bird killer! =D
(Why use a mage archer when I could use a ROLLING TOWER?!)

player1 wrote:
but im not sure if titan gives boost from inside... aco would also have to heal from inside and that would b crazy

Yeah I think it won't give bonus aura when inside a rolling tower. (Aco inside a roc won't heal the roc) ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm

player1 wrote:
Spagg wrote:

but i never saw u doing this

I use only when special circunstances are met: Enemy has zhon and taros, Im aramon, we dont have zhon on the team.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 am

Harpies can take them so not advisable against Zhon. Expensive unit to lose to someone! I've used them before in a group with Acos inside, if you have a lot of mana they can come out to attack/ heal any damage then transport back in for safe keeping. XXX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Rolling Towers are the biggest waste of time and mana in the game. Expensive, slow, not much attack power, and take a long time to build. Your money is better spent on cannons and archers at that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:54 pm

when rolling tower becomes useful in a game people rarely remember it, thats why u see it even less than its supposed to be

its also good against well used neos... sometimes your opponent wont let u group archers or make a stronghold... so rolling tower can be a good option
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:00 pm

KingDouble wrote:
Rolling Towers are the biggest waste of time and mana in the game.  Expensive, slow, not much attack power, and take a long time to build.  Your money is better spent on cannons and archers at that point.
Plus it can be frozen so freezing units are its major weakness and i love the rolling towers and there attack power is high and they can take alot of damage before being destroyed and they walk though witchs hail storm with no fucks given XD
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Are you use they can be frozen, converted etc.? I can swear this has never happened in-game. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 am

Pretty sure they can't be frozen /:
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:00 am

the most expensive freezable unit is fire mage and beast rider

BTW rolling tower, have pretty low expirence score (comparing to cost and health)

but anyway it sux, dunno if it would be usefull more even with double less cost (maybe only against creon hundreads neo)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Tower & transportation tricks   Rolling Tower & transportation tricks Empty

Back to top Go down

Rolling Tower & transportation tricks
Page 1 of 1