TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing of the Guard - A New Era.

Go down 
+6
Rachy-DB
$ MalinOMW
Lord chris
AsTheRuinsFall
Sage
A-train-DB
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Changing of the Guard - A New Era. Empty
PostSubject: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 am

There is a place I visit from time to time. It's a short walk from from the chambers where I sleep, just out the door, to the left, and 20 paces or so down a hallway. As you travel down the short corridor, an unusual sound begins emerging as you approach the arches - a sound that the residents of Taros thought they would never hear. Birds... chirping. The sounds of squirrels scurrying across the grass and up the trees. Wind blowing through the limbs, limbs with leaves on them! Life has returned to this wretched land. The last written record of the sun shining upon the Great Halls of Elam was over 200 years ago. Generations here have learned to live in the cold, dark, abhorrent world. The free flow of time and nature was almost too much to handle for this land.

I will never forget the day Lokken disappeared on his ship in the sea. The day we heard the news, the frenzy that the world plummeted into almost immediately after the word was spread. Our world, our Taros... as far as we were concerned, the war between the four brothers and sisters was over and a power vacuum emerged in Elam. Clans came from the desert, over the Spire Mountains, traveled through treacherous territoy to come claim what they believed was rightfully theirs - King Lokkens Throne. He was gone now. How clever it was of this old man to burn The Sacred Rights and all of its profound and attached historical documents when he assumed power. With that being done, his assassination or death would gaurantee civil war - and gauranteed it was upon his disappearance. I have followed a similar path during my reign of power - not naming a successor upon my death. Civil war is not good for business, the cost is heavy in lives for a roll of the dice.

Two large trees stand on either side of me, the wind brisking through my clothes, and the long sight of desert a hundred feet below me with large spires in the horizon touching the sky. Lokken chose to have this view upon building his personal fortress. The view overlooked an ancient battlefield, still intact with banners, skeletons, old rusted armaments. What significance this had to the old man, I do not know. There were many mysteries behind him. One being his room that I stood in at that moment. Below one of the trees was a bed where the sorcerer slept, calmly shaded by limbs. Also a small study, an armoire with some very interesting personal effects inside, and a dresser with a mirror. The glass in the mirror was removed, presumably at Lokken's request. The walls and roof were torn down on purpose. All that was left was old stone frames that left a skeleton of the room vulnerable to the forces of nature. During his reign, the only weather was dark, cold, and somewhat drowsy. Why he preferred to live in such a condition is unknown.

Underneath the other tree lay a small memorial, looking as if it broke through a stone floor, very small and humble in appearance. A headstone that simply reads Veyland. I remember Veyland very well, I always knew him from a distance. As the commander of the Brotherhood, he served his brethren before and during the Civil War. I've had brief conversations with him, some personally, most through council and certain legal proceedings of the clan, nothing very intimate. He struck me as a man of his word, a man with a drive and a vision, he was one of the successors to the seat of the clan. His demise came in the Peaks, where he fell to his death into the abyss and his body was unfortunately never recovered. Weeks later, in the midst of our mourning, we were ambushed. The foggy morning of the 3rd day of the waning moon, year of the Snakes, it was a flurry. It all happened so fast. A coalition of clans came at us from the north and broke through our defences, trying to capitalize on the loss of our leader once they heard the news. The last thing I can remember clearly was taking his prized book off his nightstand in his commanders tent, The Book of the Five Rings. Throughout the next couple of years the clan was fractured. If you have ever wandered down a desert trail in Taros and came across a wanderer camping in solidity, it was probably one of us. The ambush killed most of our men and scattered the rest. The Darien Brotherhood had come to an end, or so they thought.

Sometimes our paths would cross and we would hear tales about the other brethren, joining opposing factions or simply living off the land, fending for themselves. Everything at that point in our lives was rumour. News of the Civil War reached us at the fringes, and from what I recalled, Taros was prime country for a new King. Lokken had been missing for yours, the clans have been at eachothers throats, death and misery had spread throughout the land. The Brotherhood stood for peace, responsibility, and goodwill towards man. I did not forget the oath I took once I had joined ranks, unlike my other comrades. I took what little finances I had, set up a recruiting post at the Angvir Crossroads, and rallied a small band of soldiers at my disposal. We brought guerilla and asymmetrical warfare upon clans that shattered at our feet. Fearless leaders and men of legend were scattering across the land in fear for their lives. We hunted them down like the dogs they were, for the Brotherhood will bring swift justice upon any man guilty of forcing his will upon his neighbor throguh means of violence. The word spread and our numbers grew. Within a year we were a hundred thousand strong, 4 battle commanders and even a public relations officer because we needed to answer to the people for our actions. Through that aspect, we gained respect for transparency. Elam was crushed within the year after, and the Darien Brotherhood stood strong and revived yet once again. Taros was strictly under our control - without question. Whatever wars lay beyond our borders today with IMP's, Lord's, BR's and the others have been micromanaged and off the scope. Our land is free, our life thrives, and we live our lives mostly in peace. We have brought Taros back from the brink of destruction and have banished death from our land.

As I sit in a chair in the middle of Lokkens chambers, I pace back and forth from tree to tree, finding myself asking alot of questions lately. Questions that I ask the dead and missing, expecting no answer, yet I persist in vain. My left hand begins to shake as I hurridly shove it into my robe, hoping none of the guards will see it. I'm losing it... I think to myself. The decisions and public statements I've made lately were reckless. The war across the ocean has not been my priority lately, I've gotten soldiers killed, public approval has gotten lower, my foes see my homeland and realize they have an opportunity to strike - much as we did during our Civil War... my mind is elsewhere...

"What must I do? I ask the dead and missing. I've revived the clan, brought Justice and Life to this dead country, all have peace and prosperity. No Officer has ever quit his post under my command, our foes cower at our banner, and we shelter and feed those in need. Why am I crumbling as a leader?

My stomach sank, as I realized that I have answered my own question.

I have accomplished the goals of my leadership.

A few weeks later, after getting all of my legal affairs in order, I called a private meeting with a very close friend of mine. He fought in a rival clan during the Civil War, we were not aggressive towards eachother, our clans were just trying to survive with the changing of the tide. Nature and magick chose us both to lead our own destinies and guide us through peril. Our paths crossed some time ago as he came back from exile and returned to our lands. I appointed him as the head of our Foriegn Assault Command, a position that encompasses control of all of our military and overseas expenditures at his will. I have been quite surprised by his leadership and temper.

Today I am stepping down as the leader of Darien Brotherhood, King of Taros (with Queen Rachy at my side), and assumed Emperor of all the land in Darien (just waiting on a few more clans to collapse *winkwink*) as I pass my crown to A-Train-DB.

Good luck man, give them hell!
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Upon my previous clan's death, I wore my old clan tag as a solo memeber of a fallen clan. I would proudly and often ally myself with the Darien Brotherhood for thier honor in battle and the relationships that came in the distant past over the many years Darien knew peace and warfare. The years had passed and I dropped my old clan tag. Than not too long after I lived the last year as a loner in this land, I joined the ranks of DB. There are no words that could describe my initial reaction to inherit the leadership role of the Darien Brotherhood. It felt too soon. I was speachless at first. KingDouble has created a vastly known and well respected kingdom in the land of Darien. Beloved was our King. I humbly take the heir to the throne as this being a brotherhood, KingDouble could have asked anyone else in this ancient clan. Many years have I respected this clan and what it has meant the the realm of Darien.

May the years be blessed. Leave no brew untasted, no banquet hall hallow, and swift vengence upon treachery.

I will try my best to fill such a vast throne left by such a strong leader. Double, there will be many times you will be much needed to help kick off this new era of the Darien Brotherhood.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm suing the DB clan for stealing the New Era name from me.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Ugh. I just didn't want to read it all. But hail A-train? Sounds like a WG ? Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:48 pm

i dont get it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:58 am

A-Train is the new commander of DB. As for what KingKong said... I don't really get it either? lol...

WHATS UP KK!?
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm

I think he meant that saying "hail A-train" sounds like something WG's (an old clan) would have said.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:44 pm

BTW
hail sounds like
HEIL HITLER xD
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:31 am

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

You all have far too much time on your hands. Wink
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:23 am

not only time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:24 pm

myst wrote:
not only time Very Happy

Skin?
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:23 am

hey im not Kong XD
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:59 am

Emperor Sokka frowns upon this. lolol

Double-DB wrote:
BR's and the others have been micromanaged and off the scope.
I don't remember when and how were BRs micromanaged, just the other way. Few of the last times we did 3v3 or 4v4 BR vs we won. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:28 am

Lord chris wrote:
hey im not Kong XD

I am though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Hey long you should come play a few if your time permits.
Back to top Go down
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:24 pm

I did! I played 3 games on Sunday, but there was no Double to be found Sad .

I might get another game or 2 in before I become homeless (my house closes on June 21).
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 pm

we will pay for your house D:
Back to top Go down
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:06 am

LoL! What I need is you to speed up time to when my new house is built! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:01 am

Want a ride in my Delorean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 am

Kong is really that Amish kid who has to play TAK out in the barn so he doesn't get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
X_DB

X_DB

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 am

Im ready to win!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing of the Guard - A New Era.   Changing of the Guard - A New Era. Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing of the Guard - A New Era.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: Clan Forums :: Darien Brotherhood-
Jump to: