TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bardan

Bardan

3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger   3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:01 am

So after *smashing* my final, I proceeded to get a little drunk and playtest several of the 3rd party races. I won't lie, I don't fully understand how TA:K organizes their files, but couldn't the Age of Wonders Total Conversion have been made into one file to keep the individual races from bleeding over? Half of the 'races' are from that, and they defy logic unless you've played AoW in the past.

Meanwhile, I've had a closer look at Blight, Fairy, and the like than I have in ages. Again, many of them - most by this Collins guy or whatever his name is - show more dedication and personal inspiration than anything my admittedly snobbish self will accept as an equal TA:K race. That said, there are some creative models and weapon combinations in there, but very few.

Overall, I understand more and more why many people avoid 3rd party. Most of them I won't touch again and will likely exile to a folder all their own, if only for reference, but I will continue my crusade of balancing some of them. Tyrak is in the final stages of completion, and I believe next I'll tackle Brakada. It was far less broken than others, so it shouldn't need much - if any.

Meanwhile, I have a question - if I want to observe a strictly AI vs AI game, is it possible to do so from GameRanger? I'd like to test our some races and AIs against one another, and am not sure how without +nowisee cheat, which defeats the purpose of sightdistance. So, is it possible? If so, how?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger   3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:03 pm

You can always pick a 2v2 or ffa map with 3 players, you and 2 AIs, and team up with one of the AIs. And have the map revealed option on and line of sight off. Then simply hide your mon in your partner's base.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger   3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 pm

But I wouldn't be able to see the battle progress, would I?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger   3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah, with the map revealed option and line of sight being off, you can view the entire map.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger   3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 am

Brakada was never broken its pretty well made needs mana like a mother \"******\" but it plays like veruna

Broken races
Undead Blight (just needs to be fixed)

Banished

insectiozed

Fairy (T5 and T6 cant be killed except by gods and demons units)

Demons (Flying builder, Bats from health and the Demons tower having alot of range and a T2 unit that rides on a flying horse (not a pegase) can nearly insta destory buildings and Bats from hell can be made by the T1 builder when they should be T3 they have alot of health and can be made fast)

Orison when you play this race nuff said

Gemisis just feels unfinished

and alot others but i would be here all day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger   3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd Party Races Marathon & GameRanger
Page 1 of 1