TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mods need more info

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thekill9714

thekill9714

Location : Research Site-14: Main radiation research location. Objects include: SCP-081, SCP-113 when being researched, and SCP-578.

Mods need more info Empty
PostSubject: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:54 am

This is just me but I think the forum should have more details on the mods for the game and also a video on how to install mods I myself new to the updated game have no idea how to install mods or what the mod do I looked at the mods post but they have no details so if someone can help me on that maybe make a video on howto that be nice thanks
Back to top Go down
http://thekill9714server.enjin.com/forum
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 am

YouTube vids showing how to install/run mods. This is indeed a must-have!
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:55 am

Mods aren't very hard to install, you just need to:

Download TAKSwitcher and put on the game folder
Run TAKSwticher (it will create some folders)
And download the mod and put it in it's apropriate folder, for example, if the mod is an AI, it goes into the "ais" folder, if its a Race, it goes into the "races" folder, if it has multiple modifications, like more than one category, it goes into "mod" folder.
Then launch TAKSwitcher and select the desired mods and click Launch tak switcher.

But yes some video could be good, I guess.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 am

Also there's this short tutorial here: http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/Tutorials.html
Wrote by Manolo, 3rd one "How to use TAK:Switcher"
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

Location : Research Site-14: Main radiation research location. Objects include: SCP-081, SCP-113 when being researched, and SCP-578.

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:01 pm

$_Spagg wrote:

And download the mod and put it in it's apropriate folder, for example, if the mod is an AI, it goes into the "ais" folder, if its a Race, it goes into the "races" folder, if it has multiple modifications, like more than one category, it goes into "mod" folder.
Then launch TAKSwitcher and select the desired mods and click Launch tak switcher.

With most community of modding Mods are to have details on how to install and what the mod is
Also with the change log and other info about the mod sometimes with a donation box to
but the mods here do not have much detail and do not have install info on each one
if it is so easy then it be easy just to add to the mods post

I myself did not even know of TAKSwitcher do to not having much info
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 pm

$_Spagg wrote:

You don't necessarily need the switcher to run 3rd party stuff. You can always put your 3rd party files in your kingdoms folder, rename or remove kingdoms.key, and launch tak.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Sage wrote:
$_Spagg wrote:

You don't necessarily need the switcher to run 3rd party stuff. You can always put your 3rd party files in your kingdoms folder, rename or remove kingdoms.key, and launch tak.
Yes but I didn't say it this way because Landherr did that once and he got his thread deleted for teaching how to cheat =P
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:41 pm

You still need to take the kingdoms.key file out of the kngdoms folder to use the tak switcher.
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:33 pm

K thanks
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Sage wrote:
You still need to take the kingdoms.key file out of the kngdoms folder to use the tak switcher.
I don't..Shocked 
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 am

Sage wrote:
Nope! TAK Switcher doesn't need kingdoms.key removed to activate a mod. Switcher is purposely designed like that! Wink

What about creating a TA:K Switcher pack where you download TA:K Switcher in addition to EVERY race & mod ever created? That way, everyone is going to just copy/paste the downloaded folders into TAK's directory and run them via Switcher. Just a thought.

Btw, if you have a race loaded into Swicher and then run (& close) the game, you will be able to insert that race's units & buildings into the Cartographer (as long as you haven't closed Switcher yet), allowing you to create multiplayer scripts for certain 3rd party races!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:03 am

This is rare then. For me, NewEra only works with the switcher by having kingdoms.key removed.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am

Sage wrote:
This is rare then. For me, NewEra only works with the switcher by having kingdoms.key removed.
What version of Windows do you use?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 am

I use windows 7 64 bit.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:43 am

Sage wrote:
I use windows 7 64 bit.
Have you ever tried to have kingdoms.key at your directory? Also, do you know how to use TA:K Switcher properly? Just asking to find the problem, because I have win7 too and TA:KSwitcher works wonderfuly with kingdoms.key in my directory.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 am

$_ARTHAN wrote:
Sage wrote:
I use windows 7 64 bit.
I have win7 too and TA:KSwitcher works wonderfuly with kingdoms.key in my directory.
My words the same.
And my Windows 7 is x64 as well.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:24 pm

The mod doesn't work with kingdoms.key in the kingdoms folder while using the switcher to launch the game.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Sage wrote:
The mod doesn't work with kingdoms.key in the kingdoms folder while using the switcher to launch the game.
How is that possible? Do you use the gog version of TAK or the UTAK Pack version?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:45 pm

I have both, but for the mod, I use lord hawk's pack version.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Sage wrote:
I have both, but for the mod, I use lord hawk's pack version.
Then I surrender. I can't find what's the problem.
Btw, do you mean playing New Era online or offline, because I always remove kingdoms.key for online mod gaming only.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm

This is done for offline tests.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 pm

$_ARTHAN wrote:
Sage wrote:
Nope! TAK Switcher doesn't need kingdoms.key removed to activate a mod. Switcher is purposely designed like that! Wink

What about creating a TA:K Switcher pack where you download TA:K Switcher in addition to EVERY race & mod ever created? That way, everyone is going to just copy/paste the downloaded folders into TAK's directory and run them via Switcher. Just a thought.

Btw, if you have a race loaded into Swicher and then run (& close) the game, you will be able to insert that race's units & buildings into the Cartographer (as long as you haven't closed Switcher yet), allowing you to create multiplayer scripts for certain 3rd party races!!! Very Happy
lol i taught you that XD
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:36 pm

XD well the chat changed fast XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mods need more info   Mods need more info Empty

Back to top Go down

Mods need more info
Page 1 of 1