TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types

Go down 
+3
[K]Double
A-train-DB
$ MalinOMW
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types Empty
PostSubject: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:38 am

So its quite interesting for everybody who is Triple, there were many accused for many people, i can say for 100% that's it not me Sad

(btw i know those topic is quite flood type one, so there is one rule, each person can post only ONE post on similar schematic like this)

I think:
1.The biggest chance for:
-Sage

2.Other types:
-X
-Carnageking
-Joker

Edit
1 POST PLX, its somewhat like a game after tourney, like a mafia type who is who guys, and wait for action/truth

Last edited by $ MalinOMW on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't think any particular person will only post once about this!

But anyway, I have no idea who it could be.  I just do not think it was X.  I think he may smurf at times, because he told me he did many years ago.  But, I am almost certain that he was at work yesterday right smack-dab during that time of day.

But I could throw in two more names of who it could be:  Tarosking, or CaptSavage.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:28 pm

The horse rush has Savage written all over it...
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Sheesh why am I on that list? I've been busy working on the mod.

You know what, capt savage's gameplay is also very similar to triples. Now that I think about it well, capt has those particular skills and the potential to win a tourney now in days. I mean think about it, he beated landherr in the first round, the best tak player ever. (that's a joke by the way).

1. Capt Savage (rusher)
2. Igid (ultra rusher) Razz
3. X (a-train could be covering for him) Razz
2. Malin (his style is different but his name was not on the chart)
4. Carnageking or paddy (they were both on gr not too long ago)
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I could be of course covering for X, but than again, I'm not lying.  I just could of course be wrong!  But, as his buddy, I am very aware that him being a manager in a busy food industry department of a major company, means he has no time to really "mess" around.  Not to mention, all his employees get paid time and a half for working Sunday's.  He on purposely works every Sunday just so he can cut cost down.  Very good manager with making profit!

Ooops, sorry Malin.  I posted a second time. Razz  I just wanted to clarify things.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Cute Avatar, by the way!  I keep forgetting that you have that!
Back to top Go down
X_DB

X_DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 am

Just to clear the air... I am proud to be the winner of the tourney... HAHA
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:13 am

Lol Congratz X!
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:24 pm

X_DB wrote:
Just to clear the air... I am proud to be the winner of the tourney... HAHA
Winning under a smurf title means nothing. Despite of being allowed, hiding your identity is a huge advantage. I am talking based upon my personal experience.
Even I could claim I was Triple. Lolz!

Btw, Sage, your behaviour was quite suspicious during the tourny, I vote you are Triple too! Very Happy
Savage is my second option. Razz
Back to top Go down
X_DB

X_DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Yea i was def joking... i was slingin pizzas while you guys were playing... I want to get in for the next tourny.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Yes, I hope there will be another!
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:57 pm

ohh comeone, so X isn't triple, ohh i thought that mistery is solve :/

BIT-CH PLEASE Sad
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

BDRooter anyone?  He is skilled with Aramon, Veruna and Zhon.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm

I've seen Rooter logging in from time to time. It could be him. He is a pretty good player that I'm sure wouldn't have a problem winning a tourney after all. He does play all races well, so it is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I have played with Rooter a lot these past several days.  He is on his "game."  Although, I have never thought of him to be a 1v1 player, as I am not either, since I mainly see him playing team games.

IMO, here is who I think it might be (in no particular order):

-CaptSavage
-bdrooter
-Carnageking
-Sage
-X (I opened my mind to the idea as he knew about the tourney for some time before hand and is pretty tight with Double.  Just, still, pretty far fetched idea for me.)
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 pm

i can't believe in CaptSavage, he didn't play multiplayer games for so long time, also carnageking was quite few active

it must be Sage Very Happy

(ok rule with 1 post was bad idea xD)
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:59 am

Carnageking wrote:

Busy with life and my game of choice in my little free time is dota, not this.
Warning: I may become slightly offensive here. Razz

If your game of free time is DotA in an internetic universe with dozens of great RTSes available to play online, then I can say you have become quite rusty buddy. Games like LoL and DotA will never reach the strategic and micromanaging skills of any RTS for two reasons:
1)
In DotA-like games, you command a single unit and that's all (maybe this unit has more abilities than any RTS unit or even summoning a limited supply of units, but it is still a single unit). On the other hand, in any RTS you have to micromanage a whole army (this army may be even consisted of the same unit with a single repetitive attack, but it is still more than a dozen units to micro).
2)
In DotA-like games, you have a lot of strategical option and choices to do, but no way as many as you have in a RTS. Sure, you may have many different heroes and many different items, but even a dozen of different RTS units can be combined in so many and different ways and situations; you can shape truly different armies with them.

Because of these reasons, any RTS can stand for years without really needing a patch, though balancing and glitch issues will occur for certain. But for how long LoL could possibly stand without its developing team constanly improving it? I don't think it would last for a long time, though its large fanbase would support it for a few years.
In the end, I think the reason people prefer LoL instead of a real RTS is the amount of people playing that game. Maybe the fact that it is easier to master than any RTS helps youngsters joining LoL too, constantly feeding that game with new blood...[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Carnageking

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:51 pm

$_ARTHAN wrote:
Dota & LoL suck, RTS is better
Why exactly can't I choose to have a preferred game of choice? Hell I was choosing Madden and various other PS3 games over all computer games for a while.

Why are you trying to convince me that RTS is better? Am I only allowed to play 1 genre of game? That's like saying I can only watch romantic comedies, or I can only read science fiction novels. Why can't I just do what I please?

To address a few things, LoL is a game for no skill pussies because I'm a dota elitist Smile

Before I upset you with what I'm going to say, I'll make it clear, RTS is my favorite gaming genre. I do like RTS more than I like games like dota. I enjoy both genres though.

To your points:

1a). Yes dota you generally control 1 unit, where in SC2 you control many units, and in TAK you can control hundreds of units. The terms micro and macro only really describe pure RTS. Dota style RTS have different skillsets required. While you do not micro more than 1 unit in most circumstances in dota, trust me the micro required on that 1 unit is extensive.

Don't forget that in RTS you issue your commands to more than 1 unit simultaneously. For many heroes in dota, the micro APM threshold does not translate into useful skill as much as it does in RTS games. For very select heroes (IE Invoker in Dota) the micro required is limited by player skill and APM and not the hero itself and thus is on the same level as a pure RTS. This is a rare case, and as such the overall battle of the micro goes to: Pure RTS games require more micro than Dota.

1b). Macro. At first glance one would assume that RTS games require more macro (building and resource gathering) than Dota. However, this is not the case. Many games involve completely automated resource gathering and the ability to queue build commands and in the case of TAK, you can queue them to infinity +++. All resource gathering in dota requires precise last hits. It is completely NON automated and it is not reliable. Macro: surprisingly goes to Dota.

2a) Do RTS games involve more strategical choice combinations than DOTA because there are so many units? At first glance this seems so obvious that RTS games would have more strategic options than Dota. However, this is false. And this is actually a fact and not an opinion. You can just do the math, it's rather simple math too. Just run a permutation on the combinations of heroes available, skills available, items etc . There are vastly more combinations in dota than there is in RTS games. Strategic combinations: Winner DOTA

2b) But what about actual strategy? Both games are strategy games. They require the same. Dota has more overall strategies to choose from because it has more individual choices than an RTS game. But this does not mean it requires more strategy. Both genres require very good strategical choices. People that are great at unique strategies can win games on this alone, while those that are not can make up for this in execution. This holds true for both genres. The importance of strategy is a TIE

3) Balancing. You're a little off in understanding why patch changes occur in dota. Dota is a spectator game that completely dominates current esports in popularity, money, prize pools, viewers, tournaments, absolutely everything. For this reason, the developers constantly introduce new patches to change what is called the 'meta game.' Meta game does not really exist for RTS games as they are far more stable. The developers in DOTA choose to 'play god' and dictate how the action will take place. They choose to make games more turtle oriented, or aggressive playstyle from patch to patch. These changes are not required, it is just how this genre is run. Balance: No winner, you cannot compare between genres.

4). Ability to Master Learn. I replace master with learn because master is a completely subjective term that is always fleeting. Once again, at first glance it would seem far easier to learn Dota than RTS, because in RTS there are many units you control at the same time while in dota there is just one. However, this is not the case. This is also a well documented fact with Dota-- that it is EXTREMELY difficult for new players to learn. Dota has fought greatly over the years with its ability to keep new players involved because of the vast amount of choices available to them. Dota is widely accepted as the most difficult game for a beginner to learn. I will explain why below.

In an RTS you have the choice of picking just 1 race over and over practicing a single strategy until you learn it. Or you can pick different races, whichever. There are normally between 2-4 races in a typical RTS. Dota however, you can't even pick the same 1 hero to practice. That choice is not up to you most of the time. You will not face a small combination of just 1-4 different races each match. It takes an extremely long time to encounter every hero in dota.

For example: If I wish to encounter every unit in SC2 in online play, it will take me 4 matches at minimum. I can pick 1 of the 4 races each match, and make 1 of every unit. This will take approximately 20minutes x 4 games, 80 minutes of your time to just SEE every unit the game has available for online play.

In Dota: there are 112 heroes. You can only play with 1 hero per game. This means it will take you 112 games to see all of the heroes. This is 112x40min = 4480 minutes to see the units. Or 75 hours, or 3 days. But this did not include the items. You also cannot see all of the items in a match. There are aproximately 150 items in dota. Sadly, many of these items are not attainable in a game because of the gold and or strategy required to get them. This is out of your hands. It will take a very long time to see every item. I don't know an accurate way to depict this, however by time you've seen every hero you will have used every item. So the 3 days is stable.

I think it is clear that to learn dota it takes much more time because there are SO many different combinations and you do not have the ability to learn but a tiny fraction of them per game. More difficult to learn: WINNER DOTA.

-------------------------

What does this all mean? NOTHING. These are 2 very different genres. They both require extreme skill to be among the worlds best. Just as FPS require extreme skill to be among the worlds best. The only genre that I believe is skillless is MMORPG. MMORPG can be mastered very easily and just time put in rather than skill determines success. Dota & RTS are both fun genres. Video games are fun. Just be happy there are so many different types to choose from!

Of Note: I am not just spouting opinions from afar. I have played competitive dota for a team, played competitive HON for a team. I have run the top clans in multiple RTS games. I have competitively played in multiple RTS games. I have successfully achieved top ladder ranks in both RTS and dota style games. Hell I even raided for one of the best guilds in the world for WOW (best USA guild). My actual experience in these things is rather vast.

Some RTS games I've played competitively: TAK,C&C3,WC3,SG,SC2.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:49 am

Carnageking wrote:
Why exactly can't I choose to have a preferred game of choice? Hell I was choosing Madden and various other PS3 games over all computer games for a while.

Why are you trying to convince me that RTS is better? Am I only allowed to play 1 genre of game? That's like saying I can only watch romantic comedies, or I can only read science fiction novels. Why can't I just do what I please?
First of all, I don't think that Lol or Dota suck, though I have said that in the past for fun, during a few internetic arguments. However, I still don't understand why an old skilled player like you prefers Dota over an RTS for his limited free time, that's all. Of course, you can play whatever you want.

About the great amount of strategic options, there is the following difference between RTSes and Dota and, because of that difference, I personally believe an RTS is more variated, complicated and difficult to learn than Dota; in an RTS all the units/buildings/heroes etc. can appear and combined at the same time/game/match etc. while in Dota you can have up to 10 different heroes overall at the same time/game/match and no more. So, while in Dota you may have a ridiculous big amount of options, you can't have them all out at the same time. Because of this, an RTS has the potential to be a far more complicated game imho.

@Landherr: Please stop the flamewar with CarnageKing.
@CarnageKing: Please stop the falmewar with Landherr.
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:13 pm

I don't edit posts. I delete posts that are abusive in any way. It's called doing my job as a moderator. If you start to take this thread downhill then ill delete this one as well and I won't give a \"****\" what sage or arthan has to say about it.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 pm

nice evolution of topic
quessing who can be triple >
then landy vs ck >
then arthan repost about TA:K vs other games >
advance post by ck (never read by me btw) >
then landherr vs ck >
then arthan try to become father of 2 child Very Happy+ advance post about games etc >
double say something other >
landherr vs double >
me analyzing topic, but mainly eat popcorn (ok + beer but nvm ) >

Edit (18th Nov 2013)
and afterall its Sage, ok still not 100% but he get silver

Last edited by $ MalinOMW on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

Why do people still think it is Sage? 

Also, I really don't believe the hype about this new "shared account" conspiracy. 

I really don't think it matters who it is..  The individual obviously does not want to be known.
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Malin vs Polar Bear

Winner = ?
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm

A-train vs. Mountain Lion

Winner = ?

Landherr vs. Anaconda

Winner = ?

Hehehehe.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:36 pm

[K]Double wrote:
Malin vs Polar Bear

Winner = ?
probably draw, due to closest bears in russia are drunk(so they don't move), and there are strong winter(so its cold for me)

gg wp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types   Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types Empty

Back to top Go down

Show yourself WINNER, or posibly types
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next