TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Multiplayer vs AI?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elendil

Multiplayer vs AI? Empty
PostSubject: Multiplayer vs AI?   Multiplayer vs AI? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:51 pm

A friend and I would like to play TA:Kingdoms (GOG version) together against a couple of AI opponents. Since we are running windows 10, we couldn't get the multiplayer to connect via the game's own multiplayer mode, so we tried GameRanger. There we were able to get a connection, but are having a strange problem where we are unable to add any AI opponents if both of us are in the game room together. If just the host is there, he can create a single AI opponent, but no more, but if he does then the guest  can't join. It's almost as if there is a 2-player limit, but I made sure to select a larger number of players when I set up the room.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Alternatively, does anyone know how else we can play TA:Kingdoms multiplayer besides on GameRanger?  

Any help would be appreciated. My friend is here in person with me for the next couple of days, so either an online or local network solution would be useful.  

Thanks,
Steven
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

Multiplayer vs AI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer vs AI?   Multiplayer vs AI? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Steven, in order to add AIs in GameRanger, first block 3 "Empty" slots, then add AI to the others (with 2 players you'll block 3 AIs and play against 3 AIs). It's a little gameranger bug.

You can play in WarZone I think, or using Hamachi VPN.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

Multiplayer vs AI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer vs AI?   Multiplayer vs AI? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 5:06 am

There are some script maps that only need one AI, I have even created one myselth. pure vanila AI may get repetative quikly.
Back to top Go down
Elendil

Multiplayer vs AI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer vs AI?   Multiplayer vs AI? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 7:30 am

Sure enough, using the bottom spots for the AI in GameRanger works. What a quirky bug.

Thanks so much for your help.

Steven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Multiplayer vs AI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer vs AI?   Multiplayer vs AI? Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer vs AI?
Page 1 of 1