TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing Lan on the Switcher

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nailo

Nailo

Playing Lan on the Switcher Empty
PostSubject: Playing Lan on the Switcher   Playing Lan on the Switcher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Me and my family are working to play TA:K and connect via the switcher. We can connect via Gameranger but it doesn't run the pocketgeek patch that allows monarchs to be expendable among other things.

When we try to connect via the switcher we can all join the host no problemo but when the host starts up the game we get loaded into the find games screen of TA:K while they set one up and we can not find their game despite knowing their ip address since we are all on a LAN.

Any ideas on what we can do here? We have tried swapping who was the host with no success.
Back to top Go down
http://mediagathering.webs.com
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

PostSubject: Re: Playing Lan on the Switcher   Playing Lan on the Switcher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 pm

It's been awhile since I played online with switcher, but as far as I can remember: the switcher mods/addons/races have to be in the same order on switcher and have to use the same mods/addons/races on all the machines that use them.

Last edited by Vhaerun on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nailo

Nailo

PostSubject: Re: Playing Lan on the Switcher   Playing Lan on the Switcher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 pm

hmmmm I'll give that a whirl then Surprised Mines a vanilla version atm so I'll bring it back up to date with the races our other switchers have and see if thats what is doing it. Thanks for the quick reply!
Back to top Go down
http://mediagathering.webs.com
DrakeRox

PostSubject: Re: Playing Lan on the Switcher   Playing Lan on the Switcher EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 1:00 pm

Have you managed to sort this out? I'm attempting something similar but with no success
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Playing Lan on the Switcher   Playing Lan on the Switcher EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 8:57 pm

DrakeRox wrote:
Have you managed to sort this out? I'm attempting something similar but with no success

Tak Switcher launches tak from pgtak.icd, which may be bugged after so much intervention.
Kingnocd.exe should allow you to play LAN without any problem.

1st option:
If you're using tak enhanced, both players should be able to play LAN with NO CD activated.
Playing Lan on the Switcher Nocd10

2nd option:
It's the same idea as kingnocd.exe. Both would have to launch from it.
Both players would need to have modded files in the kingdoms folder without kingdoms.key in it.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing Lan on the Switcher   Playing Lan on the Switcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing Lan on the Switcher
Page 1 of 1