TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bug fixing patch for TAK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznak

Bug fixing patch for TAK Empty
PostSubject: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Personally I'm not a big fan of user-made modifications that usually change game balance (almost always quite subjectively and with some bias, e.g. for multiplayer only), import "new" graphics (borrowed from other games and usually unsuitable for the game style and atmosphere) and so on.

Is there some fan patch that fixes as many of remaining bugs of Cavedog release as possible, leaving the game balance and look untouched? Something like TAK Reloaded mod I found on this wonderful site (thanks to everyone involved) but with bug fixes only.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm

Hi Gaznak, you can try reaching out to other mod creators on the discord channel. Link in the portal.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Gaznak

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 12:40 pm

Sage wrote:
Hi Gaznak, you can try reaching out to other mod creators on the discord channel. Link in the portal.

Well, I never used Discord before... I followed the link, passed through what seemed to be a registration process (including confirmation of e-mail), and nothing more - Discord now says "Your invitation is expired or you have no rights to join".

So I have to play TAK with its remaining bugs just a little more... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 9:27 pm

Try this link. It is set to never expire.

https://discord.gg/r9ArNWe
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Gaznak

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 2:22 am

Thanks for the concern but it returns the same error again.

Nevermind. It can be anything, from internal chat glitches to Discord blocking for Russian IPs due to certain known political issues (which can be both from Discord part and from harsh Russian state 'vice squad' Bug fixing patch for TAK 1f600).
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 4:10 pm

Hello Gaznak!! I see you mentioned my mod here (TA:K Reloaded), I'm really happy you did. But that mod was the game under my eyes of how it should be (so maybe it would go a bit further than just making it only fixed, without unintended stuff).

Fortunately, I'm making something I call "TA:K Enhanced" and this is is supposed to make TA:K fixed, and allow new features to emerge that enhances gameplay quality (such as selecting buildings from build bar with numbers or show enemy health bar, or double click to select units of same type, things like that).
I'll also try to make it compatible with mods (it even has a mod launcher in it) so you can play with these new features with mods on.

Unfortunately for you (it seems) you can't join discord? That's our main place right now and we play online at gameranger. You can talk to me there anytime you want. If you can't use discord... Can you suggest any alternative? That's really sad.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Gaznak

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 10:45 am

DeeKay wrote:
Hello Gaznak!! I see you mentioned my mod here (TA:K Reloaded), I'm really happy you did. But that mod was the game under my eyes of how it should be (so maybe it would go a bit further than just making it only fixed, without unintended stuff).

Hello, DeeKay! Yes, I did notice your mod (not knowing it's your work) but didn't try it, mainly because I still didn't finish the TAK campaign unmodded, so I can't give you any feedback, sorry.

DeeKay wrote:
Fortunately, I'm making something I call "TA:K Enhanced" and this is is supposed to make TA:K fixed, and allow new features to emerge that enhances gameplay quality (such as selecting buildings from build bar with numbers or show enemy health bar, or double click to select units of same type, things like that).
I'll also try to make it compatible with mods (it even has a mod launcher in it) so you can play with these new features with mods on.

That's really wonderful news! TAK deserves to get as much attention as its elder brother TA, which literally bathes in community patches, mods and other fan stuff Bug fixing patch for TAK 1f600

DeeKay wrote:
Unfortunately for you (it seems) you can't join discord? That's our main place right now and we play online at gameranger. You can talk to me there anytime you want. If you can't use discord... Can you suggest any alternative? That's really sad.

Oh, nevermind. I'm not an online type of player and prefer playing games like reading books - alone and with a cup of good tea Bug fixing patch for TAK 1f609 And good games are not so different from good books. And TAK is definitely a very good game, maybe the best fantasy RTS I know (except for Warlords Battlecry series perhaps... but I am still not sure Bug fixing patch for TAK 1f600 )

I used to visit your TAK Facebook page but Facebook is also blocked in Russia for now (and by "blocked" I mean "really blocked" and not that "lazily blocked" as it was always before), so it means the serious hassle with serious VPN, and I'm not ready for this yet Bug fixing patch for TAK 1f610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug fixing patch for TAK   Bug fixing patch for TAK Empty

Back to top Go down

Bug fixing patch for TAK
Page 1 of 1