TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BofD and IP Maps from Missions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

BofD and IP Maps from Missions Empty
PostSubject: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:58 pm

I extracted all these maps, and can't seem to have them working. You can see them in the battleroom, but they can only accomodate 1 player. When I try with one, it tells me I have no opponent. The files are in cob, ota, tdf, tnt, and txt formats. Regular maps are in kmp formats. I can't seem to open tnt, and ota files; however cob I was able to with scriptor, but doesn't show anything about players.

Is there a way to make them work? Also, cartographer can not open any of these files.
Can these 5 files be compressed into kmp?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Bl4ckR4v3N

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 pm

yes; kmp files only require 4 files, one of them is extra.

what is BofD?

use notepad to open the ota files...
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 pm

BofD is the original "Book of Darien" campaign (I would assume).

I know I have the "Walls of Elam" map, but I don't know if it was part of the original/IP multi-player maps or not. Its definitely in the campaign, though.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:20 pm

I'll see if I can compress the 5 files into kmp using the hpi file packer.
BofD means Book of Darien.
Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 am

I have also tried to do this extract the mission files and than pack them into a kmp file. But i must be doing something wrong while carthographer tells me that the map "has no OTA file". The same problem occurs when i am trying to do this with the original cavedog maps i.e. Castle since they are packed in an hpi file and not as kmp file. I have no idea why this happends.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:56 pm

the kmp maps use diferent files (CRT, OTA, TNT, TXT) however the player start info should be in the OTA file. if there wasent any then that would probably be your problem =s
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:27 pm

woo i did it -D

time to assult locens keep once more but agensed my most faverate zomby AI and and a unit limit that cant be reched.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Wqaopl wrote:
woo i did it -D

time to assult locens keep once more but agensed my most faverate zomby AI and and a unit limit that cant be reched.

Zombie AI? That sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Wqaopl wrote:
woo i did it -D

Were you able to pack the 5 files into a .kmp? I'm trying to have all mission maps playable for online gaming.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:58 am

mm sorry i havent got round to atualy posting how i did it but all i unsed was the TNT file cos that the one that holds the terrain.

i gess all the other files wood need to be replaces or edited anyway to make a normal map so not much pont including them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BofD and IP Maps from Missions   BofD and IP Maps from Missions Empty

Back to top Go down

BofD and IP Maps from Missions
Page 1 of 1