TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites

Go down 
+2
Joker
LordCheetah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LordCheetah

LordCheetah

Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites Empty
PostSubject: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 6:33 am

Hello folks,

i send a email to several free rts/gaming sites to post TA:K on the website as a free RTS.
Hoping they will attract some new players.

the post layout was like this:
Quote :
hello ***,

I would like to inform you there is another free RTS game around.
it can be played online and offline.
The game is called Total Annihilation: Kingdoms a.k.a. TA:Kingdoms
It used to not be free but the company died and several people who
still play it often made it free.

http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/forum.htm is the community forum
http://www.voobly.com is the program that hosts the lobby for online gaming.

Places to download the game are:
http://www.ta-kingdoms.com/downloads/Ultimate%20TAK%20Pack%20v1.0.exe
or
http://kingdomszone.com/Downloads/Mods/Ultimate%20TAK%20Pack%20v1.0.exe

The game was created in 1998 by Cavedog entertainment.
Its pretty good considering it would be free and i recommend you place it on your site.

A youtube example of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8TjJbuoHQ8 <--- Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS1SHKMNGcw <--- Part 2

Screenshot of the game:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img205/7015/crazy1.png

Greetings,
The Total Annihilation:Kingdoms Communitie
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 am

why do you show that screenshot it's fucking bugged ^^
Back to top Go down
LordCheetah

LordCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:39 am

ooops haha didnt even notice i picked a bugged screenshot!!!
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:21 am

lmao i wonder if you know what you do sometimes :p
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 am

omg that picture
lmao...i will never forget xD
Back to top Go down
LordCheetah

LordCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am

But ya, it dont really matter..
because the main deal is.. i am trying to get websites who link free games to also link TA:K on there.. to try and lure people.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:01 am

is a good job that you doing, we have to thank you
Back to top Go down
CTRL

CTRL

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:45 pm

why didn't you include Warzone thats where its played and then put voobly as another option/future server?
Back to top Go down
LordCheetah

LordCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 pm

you know CTRL i made that because i wont play on warzone and i support voobly.
I made this post for my own benefit as much as the communitie.

You guys could have done this ages ago without a problem.
I had several reply's that TA:K will be put up allready.
But non of you ever bothered with this.. its the same reason voobly isnt workin flawless yet.
You guys are to stuck into playing on warzone to actually give the admin in Voobly the time to fix the minor bugs.
considering that i play atleast 2 games a day max 4.. and i always play them on Voobly.
Is the main reason i put that up there.

My reason for not playing on warzone are explained to those who i wanted to know and now actually know what happens when a game is launched by warzone..

Also tell me one thing that would attract people to Warzone.. in all honesty if there was no Voobly i would have omstlikely quit this game again allready.. playing on a server which looks like its made in MS Paint.. and when you launch a game opens your router for any foreign IP's... not the combination i would prefer playing on.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Ill just put this out there...

I only plan on coming back because Voobly looks awesome....
And its going to host mods.(3.3) \"****\' yeah!
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 pm

LordCheetah wrote:
you know CTRL i made that because i wont play on warzone and i support voobly.
I made this post for my own benefit as much as the communitie.

You guys could have done this ages ago without a problem.
I had several reply's that TA:K will be put up allready.
But non of you ever bothered with this.. its the same reason voobly isnt workin flawless yet.
You guys are to stuck into playing on warzone to actually give the admin in Voobly the time to fix the minor bugs.
considering that i play atleast 2 games a day max 4.. and i always play them on Voobly.
Is the main reason i put that up there.

My reason for not playing on warzone are explained to those who i wanted to know and now actually know what happens when a game is launched by warzone..

Also tell me one thing that would attract people to Warzone.. in all honesty if there was no Voobly i would have omstlikely quit this game again allready.. playing on a server which looks like its made in MS Paint.. and when you launch a game opens your router for any foreign IP's... not the combination i would prefer playing on.

Its not because we want to stay at warzone, quite frankly its a pile of shit and I don't know why we ever moved there in the first place. People still have to play at warzone just to transfer people over who don't view these forums, if we didn't do that yet another chunk of players will be lost. Also voobly isn't 100% corrected yet, it needs time to be fixed.
Its worrying what you say about warzone, is this when bypass is active? and how does voobly prevent it?
Back to top Go down
LordCheetah

LordCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Voobly allows the IP's of the people in your room to access your game and has a buildin protection for all playters called Nat Traversal.. it bypasses your router but does not leave you unprotected...
Unlike warzone.. warzone just opens it up end of story.
And yes because the communitie is small there is a really really super small chance that it will happen.
But if only 1 player would want to do bad he would have a chance..

Also the reason why i will be in warzone but not play there is.. because we need to help find the bugs in Voobly
and fix them.. but if people are like.. launch a game.. ohh bug.. good bye.. it will never be fixed.
You can not fix a problem in the code if people who have the problem do not help.

I wish i was one of the people with the problems because i would fix it.
I had several problems but they where fixed within 24 hours of me reporting them.
Because i reported them!

Basicly.. we need to show our faces in eWarzone to make people switch.. but as long as we play our games there.. no one will ever switch and we wont be able to fix the problems..
Yes, offc after you reported your problem on the forum topic i posted around here by copy pasting vooblynat.txt (in your cavedog/kingdoms/ folder) into there and maybe voobly.txt (in the voobly directory itself).. yes go play on warzone till it is fixed.. fine.. but dont try to put it down because you are not even willing to put in some effort.
Several old time players who i still have close contact with allready are talking about coming back if Voobly gets to be the new place.. but they also know how warzone works and will not ever play there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites   Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites Empty

Back to top Go down

Send a email to about 10 free RTS/Gaming sites
Page 1 of 1