TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TAK and video problems when using Direct3D

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ReneSNL

TAK and video problems when using Direct3D Empty
PostSubject: TAK and video problems when using Direct3D   TAK and video problems when using Direct3D EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:50 am

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I've recently started playing TA:K again. After so many years it has proven to be a classic to me. But I find that on my main computer, that, if I select Direct3D rendering (instead of software rendering), that the movies don't show. You hear the sound/music but the screen stays black. Also the figures in the main menu don't move, as if the video player isn't working. In game it all works fine.

If I do the same in software rendering, then it all works fine but ofcourse, the ingame graphics (especially the rolling fog) are less good.

This system is an AMD Athlon X2 4200+ with a Geforce 7600GT video card running on WinXP. The drivers are from Sept. 2010 (I think). Does anyone recognise this problem and is anyone aware of a decent fix? Perhaps a Glide emulator?

Edit: Ok this is stupid. I just answered my own question. The Glide emulator indeed fixed the problem.
My apologies for this needless topic.
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

PostSubject: Re: TAK and video problems when using Direct3D   TAK and video problems when using Direct3D EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:23 am

np. we love to help and solve all problems ^^
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: TAK and video problems when using Direct3D   TAK and video problems when using Direct3D EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I think I have exactly the same problem! I have tried to play the campaigns in both Windows 7 and Windows Vista, but the movies didn't show. I will try moving the rendered from hardware to software and to see if the game now shows the movies. However, I think that in Windows 98 all the videos were shown correctly, no matter what kind of graphics you use {software or hardware}. Anyway, thanks for posting this, ReneSNL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAK and video problems when using Direct3D   TAK and video problems when using Direct3D Empty

Back to top Go down

TAK and video problems when using Direct3D
Page 1 of 1