TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pathfinding Fix

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaerun

Vaerun

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Hey all,

Try this program to "fix" the many units getting stuck pathfinding. I have used it and so far, the results look promising. Always make a backup of the file you are about to change. Good luck.

Pathfinding
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:29 am

Interesting! Pathfinding fixing for the AI, now that's something good! Cheers!!!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Yes, I believe that was one of the bigger issues that made gameplay annoying when a player had too many units on the map and units would get stuck trying to go around objects. With this fix( I used it on pgtak.exe ), I saw there was less micro management as units found their way around objects such as when units are sent on patrol. However, this fix can cause your game to lag if the machine used to play TA:K is ancient or near ancient. So, the faster your machine, the better this fix works.
Back to top Go down

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Is there a compatibility problem if only 1 player uses it online? Can it be used on Gameranger? I'm not going use it anyways, I'm just curious. Since it was indeed very annoying having to micro a lot of dumb stuck units in some games.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I could not tell you about that. However, make a backup of your *.exe file you wish to modify, then try it online and see if it works. If the modified exe does not work, can always go back to the original unmodified exe that you had backed up. So far, in my skirmish games versus several AI, my units hardly got stuck behind walls, berms, structures or other units.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:17 am

What about adding this pathfinding fix into a new patch for TAK (version 4.2BB or something)? I think a new patch is what this game needs foremost right now in order to be revived even a little!
Back to top Go down

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:10 pm

This is hot stuff. It's not required that all players in the game have the fix to use it online. Thanks Vaerun.

Here's a mirror to the download: mediafire.com/?xryrpkvyxo4vnlo

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
What about adding this pathfinding fix into a new patch for TAK (version 4.2BB or something)? I think a new patch is what this game needs foremost right now in order to be revived even a little!
Hmm this is great idea. And you don't really have to change the name to 4.2BB anyway, it's compatible.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Smurfland. wrote:
This is hot stuff. It's not required that all players in the game have the fix to use it online. Thanks Vaerun.

Here's a mirror to the download: mediafire.com/?xryrpkvyxo4vnlo

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
Hmm this is great idea. And you don't really have to change the name to 4.2BB anyway, it's compatible.

Yes, but who is going to add it? Unfortunately, I have no idea in patch creation and I am not interested enough to learn it from scratch, since this game has not lot of players today. We will probably need Lord-Hawk-Claw or someone else to do it. Should we PM a few people and which ones?
Back to top Go down

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Hmm I've been playing 3v3 4v4 for hours now. I PMed Vaerun.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

I'll make sure to add it to 3.32 in the New Era mod.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:22 pm

pathfindings works on pgtak.exe or kingdoms.exe
on readme it says that it modife pgtak.exe

or it can also work on kingdoms.exe, (just click on proper file?) (i believe that pgtak.exe kingdoms.exe and kingnocd.exe are almost same files with small differences)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pathfinding Fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pathfinding Fix   Pathfinding Fix Empty

Back to top Go down

Pathfinding Fix
Page 1 of 1