TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can I ask a few questions?

Go down 
+3
$ MalinOMW
$_ARTHAN
xX[MLGpRO]n0scOPe720-Jawa
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Can I ask a few questions? Empty
PostSubject: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 pm

Anyone use Win8 and unable to alt tab in/out of Kingdoms when it is open?
I was just in a game with Lord Chris against Atrain and Double and I accidentally alt tabbed and couldn't get back in. I'm sorry!

How do you deal with units when the enemy lags, and it takes 14 freaking arrows from an archer to kill a warrior? This is not fair to me, just because he lags, doesn't mean I should have to deal with such crap!

Are small maps still the main maps? I just spectated a game where it was 7x5 with 9 starting mana. left vs right.

Do people want original maps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 am

I don't use Win8, but I have had a few Win7 problems. player1 suggested that I made a Guest account in windows, installed, and played under that. Since then I have had zero problems.

And to answer your question about small maps, what kind of maps do you mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 am

3rd vs cd/dc vs modded
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 am

Third party maps are hands down the most popular.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 am

However, if you ask other guys to play CD/DC or map scripts, I doubt they're going to deny it to you.

About lagging, it is not about the game; it has to do with the fact you're playing with people from all over the world who have low-quality routers and low-quality connections.

In serious games (eg. tourny matches), measures are usually taken to avoid lagging and cheating issues, usually by having people Watching the game.

Hope we were helpful. Smile
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 am

xX[MLGpRO]n0scOPe720-Jawa wrote:
(blabla...blabla)
How do you deal with units when the enemy lags, and it takes 14 freaking arrows from an archer to kill a warrior? This is not fair to me, just because he lags, doesn't mean I should have to deal with such crap!

Are small maps still the main maps? I just spectated a game where it was 7x5 with 9 starting mana. left vs right.

Do people want original maps?

you can nothing do Sad, its game engine* and you gonna cry for this many times specially if that is roc with some hard stuff or fallen angel who rapes your big part of army

in nowaday in fashion (no one know why?) popular are only 3rd maps, which make me last time really bored

*every player see his own game; typicall situation you drop weather witch (usually 1 shot to die unit) you see that weather was faster than enemy meteor (or whatever-a), and spell come true after this die (spell>shot instant die), but enemy see something diferent due lag your weather witch was slower, got 1 hit not die>make spell>then die without other shots (shot>spell>die)

also sometimes unit die without seeing reason (due to lags probably also sometimes due to engine/internet** limits)

its like in Special relativity everybody see something different, and no one knows who say true
lag problem are usually caused by ping bigger than 300-400

**when you write command +bps u can see that game use only MAX 10kb/s(or KB/s forgot) if thats true it might be big limit for huge battles

about popularity map
its 3rd>.........>scripts(usually orc tower defense)>cd/dc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 am

Thank you for replies.

Anyone remember AxlRose's Mon battle script map? It was an Arena, and you chose which monarch you wanted when you started/died to keep fighting. This was GSA times tho.

Nice videos under your signature, MalinOMW.

Also I'm requesting the 6T6 mana sanctum map, if anyone has it I would appreciate it!
Any 6T6 play still?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:19 am

Hatebreeder-DB wrote:
I don't use Win8, but I have had a few Win7 problems. player1 suggested that I made a Guest account in windows, installed, and played under that. Since then I have had zero problems.

And to answer your question about small maps, what kind of maps do you mean?
any account works i guess, not necessarily a guest one

and welcome xX[MLGpRO]n0scOPe720-Jawa

Can I ask a few questions? TgC_comic350

and omw whats up with the engine crap, its lag theres nothing else to it
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am

Hey! May I call you Jawa the Hutt?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Quote :
...something....picture....something..... engine TAK
comparing TAK multiplayer engine its typicall solution for RTS for that time (cossacks have same problems, probably many more games, but today i wont belive its still in use)

here i will compare starcraft (and all todays RTS have same solution of multiplayer engine, or very similar but idea is still same) with TA:K

in TA:K when u give order to units unit instant go and u give information for other players that your unit go (so enemy have other "time" and he see your units in some 0,2s ago)
(order + instant execute order + info to other some time left >other player see my result)
(every player see other orders time execution, me 0 ping other depends on their/our pings)

in Starcraft when u give command (on multiplayer game) there is some lag, first u communicate other players that unit will go there and then that unit go
(order + info to other > some time left to communication > execute order + all player see result on same time/place)
(every player see order in specified latency after "start order" (it can be changed during play low latency (probably 100*ms but i dunno) high latency (250*ms) extra high latency (500* or more)

in TA:K there are no difference in gameplay/orders/execution between single player / multiplayer
on starcraft it depends if its lan it gonna be almost same as single player (cause max 50 pings) but when i play with some idiots on gameranger (ya 80-90% are total morons in SC gameranger) and that idiots got shity connection, it need to change during game latency to extra high, (to avoid slowly game), and i see execute my orders with some 0,5s-0,8s latency which is really annoy

TA:K got old RTS MP system where everyone just send information without w8 for response
Starcraft seems more like turn game (like all todays RTS depends on connection turn can take between 20ms and 800ms or even longer (but its more turn game not RTS then) )

Advantage of starcraft engine solution:
its imposible that people see other things (or in other time), also when someone gonna be DC game auto pause and w8 45 s then that person is droped, dunno why TAK not pause, its hard to "correct" game after some secounds and can be annoy (appearing Thirsha which wave trebuchet)
host is much important in that game everyone need good connection to host and some little to others (i can play with italics other players on SC only not host, but many time game can lag but not always)

Disadvantage of starcraft engine solution
if people dont recivie order in specified time, game wait, so its can look on bad connection that game is not RTS but turn game (usually that waits take 0,1-1,5s but its annoy much)

Advantage of TA:K engine solution:
its easier to micro cause you see your orders instantly executable (but on starcraft if people have good connection,people just put low latency and its also enough good, but never instant)

Disadvandage of TA:K engine solution:
there are 4 (1 and 2 are the same but i write in two other situation)
1. on macro scale. if u not recive information from other player, he just stop for your view (thirsha in his base) game not stop (he move in his view but on your he stop) then after you start again connect you see that his thirsha teleport from nowhere and rape your base
2. on micro scale you shot weather witch then that weather witch make spell
weather witch player see: spell>shot+die+effect spell (that possible)
defending player see: shot>spell>die+effect spell (omg its imposible but its engine Very Happy )
3.2 player builds lodestone on same sacred stone (it require some latency on good connection its almost imposible)
both start build on same(+/- ping player) time and both see that sacred is empty, so both build
4.everyone is host for each other and there are no master server (everyone need good connection between each other)

FPS/MMORPG games usually use something closer to TA:K solution then SC (but its other type connection where host is the master of the masters)[quote]

Last edited by MalinOMW on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

A-train-DB wrote:
Hey! May I call you Jawa the Hutt?

Sure lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm

haha well explained, i particularly loved the "when i play with some idiots on gameranger" and "and that idiots got shity connection"

that is class Very Happy

in short, if you're playing a motherfucking lagger then go ahead and abuse it dropping witches and whatever. just dont make double/triple mana please, that's one of the few bugs i find extremely gay cos its only advantage to people playing in windows 95 in their microondas
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:34 pm

MalinOMW wrote:

Here I will compare Starcrap!
Fixed!
Razz
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
MalinOMW wrote:

Blablalblablablablabla
Fixed!
Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

MalinOMW wrote:
IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
MalinOMW wrote:

Blablalblablablablabla
Fixed!
Razz

Can I ask a few questions? Peanut-butter-jelly-time-security-guard1
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm

player1 wrote:
MalinOMW wrote:
IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
MalinOMW wrote:

Blablalblablablablabla
Fixed!
Razz

Can I ask a few questions? Peanut-butter-jelly-time-security-guard1

WTF?

Read on your own risk

Spoiler:

Last edited by MalinOMW on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Read on your own risk

Spoiler:

Last edited by MalinOMW on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Spagg on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Edit 14 Read on your own risk

Spoiler:

Last edited by MalinOMW on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:26 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 pm

\"****\" am i the only who cant see my own gif?

takes long to load too at times

heres the link http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/peanut-butter-jelly-time-security-guard1.gif
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Read on your own risk

Spoiler:

Last edited by MalinOMW on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm

player1 wrote:
\"****\" am i the only who cant see my own gif?

takes long to load too at times

heres the link http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/peanut-butter-jelly-time-security-guard1.gif
Cant see it too
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Read on your own risk

Spoiler:

Last edited by MalinOMW on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Can I ask a few questions? 75p4dph0cr6jihp6r24
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Edit 3 Read on your own risk

Spoiler:

Last edited by MalinOMW on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a few questions?   Can I ask a few questions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I ask a few questions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next