TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Ranger Firewall Issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Game Ranger Firewall Issue Empty
PostSubject: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:45 pm

I keep getting a message every once in a while that is not allowing me to join TA:K rooms in Game ranger I click on the more information or help option and this is what it says.

Firewall Problem
You appear to have a firewall or router that is blocking you from playing games.
Firewalls are designed to prevent unwanted communication to and from your computer or network, but sometimes they are too strict and actually block legitimate data. That is what is happening here.

The built-in firewall in Mac OS X (in Sharing in System Preferences) will not be the problem. You will be able to play games with GameRanger with that firewall enabled.

The firewall that is causing the problem is likely to be in your modem/router. You will need to ask your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or refer to your router's instruction manual for information on how to open UDP port 16000 in your firewall. Most routers are configured through a web page built into them. You may be able to reach yours here. Unfortunately, it is not possible to offer step-by-step instructions here as every router is different.

If you are at work on a company network or at a university, you may not be able to fix the problem yourself. Instead you may have to ask the network administrator to open UDP port 16000 in the firewall.

The router is a Comcast Modem/Router combo its ArrisTG862.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 pm

"open UDP port 16000 in your firewall."
eventually someone says he had success with some people doing this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:18 pm

That should fix your problem. It did for me and I think we talked about it already Capt. Did it not work?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

I have it open and I still get the message from time to time and have to restart game ranger... also I get another message a lot that says im under a cone restricted something or another... the next time I get it ill write it down.

Port Resrticted Cone NAT router is the message that pops up when I try to open a room
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 am

Capt, it means you didn't open your 16000 UDP port correctly. Sometimes is your Router, or Modem. I can guide you if you really need a help.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:29 pm

its an ArrisTG862 It says its open so I don't know what im doing wrong...
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:30 am

I have the same problem with my "symmetric NAT router" but I somehow manage to play games by closing GR and reopening it.

Last edited by $_ARTHAN on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:43 am

Yeah that's what I have to do too, was wondering if there's a more permanent solution
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:07 am

Do you use a router? I had one and I've openned the ports for it but nothing happened. So now I connect my PC directly into the modem and openned modem's port and it's working. =P

I think it's like openning Router's port but the modem's one is closed.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:21 pm

It's a router/modem combo arristg862
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Ranger Firewall Issue   Game Ranger Firewall Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Ranger Firewall Issue
Page 1 of 1