TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
APM

Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im a long time kingdoms fan, I must have first played it around the time it first came out. I recently got back into the game. I Love the singleplayer, played through main campaign and then iron plague. Im hoping to explore further what the community and modding
scene has to offer. I have great memories with this game.

So is this the place where the ta kingdoms community hangs out online? Im so glad there are people who love it and are still interested.

I do have a technical problem tho, for a while everything was just fine, (I'm using Deekays noCD download with iron plague) and then one day I get a black flicker every few seconds (does anyone know what is up with this?)
Im not sure if its something I did to cause this, I dont think so, maybe its some system update, Im using widows 7, no idea, which is a shame really.

Anyway, glad to meet you, all the best and do leave a reply!
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey APM! Welcome to our TA:K Community, hope you stay with us for a long time =)

We are playing at GameRanger, take a look on there, there are some games running right now.

I don't know much about your error, but you can try the traditional troubleshoot:
1 - Go to C:\Cavedog\Kingdoms.
2 - Search for ChooseRenderer.exe and open it.
3 - Double click Software MMX Render.
4 - Try to play again, using Windows 98 compatibility mode if it doesn't work.

I'm often online so you can call me almost anytime you want.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
APM

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:47 am

Thanks DeeKay, its great talking with you on Facebook from time to time! You know what, I followed your advice and it worked! I can now play kingdoms again!

I have never played multiplayer, tell me more about gameranger.

I have just played the campaign and iron plague, and sometimes against the AI.

Do you play normal TAK or do you use some mod like New era? I haven't installed any mods yet but I downloaded some singleplayer mods from your site and I hope to figure out how to install them,

Best,
APM
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 9:42 am

Nice APM! Multiplayer in GameRanger is a lot fun, with some games you'll get known by everyone who plays TA:K. XD Also, you'll get more knowledge of the game and start playing & seeing the game in another way, in a multiplayer view. I mean, you'll see common strategies that are a lot more effective than that one you used to make against AIs, and it'll make them a lot easier (if you think they are hard). Razz I don't know if that's good or bad tho, because sometimes it's good to stay newbie, but then you wouldn't know how to play "properly" (multiplayer way).
We play normal TA:K, 4.1bb version. Tho it needs a little balance, I don't know if you saw the Wisp bug I explained in a commentary in facebook, but that's an example.

See you.
Back to top Go down
APM

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Thanks so much,

great stuff, I will download gameranger and have a look as soon as possible, this is it right:
https://www.gameranger.com/download/

I'm interested in playing multiplayer with you guys for sure, and also in trying some more singleplayer content.

Have you played the singleplayer mods on your site?

Ive so far downloaded:

Altered ghost,

Conflict of Arda,

News Missions

New Era5.1, New Era mappack

Races

Units

TAK41BBupdate

and the mods pack from here:
http://takuniverse.webs.com/apps/links/

Im not quite sure where to start or how to get it the working tho,

What is new era, is it singleplayer?
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Yes I've played most of the mods, you can see how to install them (Conflict of Arda is the example in the video) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKSyAfb-xs

It is an awesome mod! And you can even play it on multiplayer (with me, I can play it) Smile.

The New Era mod was made by Sage and yes, it can played singleplayer and multiplayer.

Back to top Go down
APM

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyMon May 02, 2016 1:42 pm

Thanks DK, that is very helpful, I will give it a try. I'm excited to check out all the new mods!
Back to top Go down
APM

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey, I Installed conflict of Arda, I can see you put some great work into this, very impressive!! I had a lot of fun against the AI (even tho I keep getting killed before Smaug will finish building!)

Its very interesting to check out all the new units.

I set up a big map with all the races against each other, Its amazing to be honest, wow, the amount of content in this mod is incredible, I was expecting a few new units... there is so much stuff, its like a whole new game, probably bigger than the original Kingdoms!
did you make it all yourself? Its great!

Is it a work in progress or is it finished?

I was wondering you say there is singleplayer, does that mean just skirmishes against AI or did you include a singleplayer campaign?

I also noticed you included music tracks but I cant get them to run when I followed your installation instructions on Youtube. Any tips?

I also watched your match against human opponents on youtube, fascinating to watch. You guys seems really good! I cant find many kingdoms competitive matches on Youtube to watch.
If you could ever upload more videos of matches on your youtube I will be sure to watch them!

Also, what is Switcher? Should I be using it?

Will install GameRanger soon!

Best Wishes!
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Nice! Conflict of Arda was made by Red Warlord and like many modders, have disappeared from this great game. However, new people come to this game, although not many, and hopefully become enamored enough with the game that in addition to playing against the AI or online against other players, those new people will have new ideas, mods and programs to make this game even better.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Yes APM, this game is impressive at everything. Hehe I didn't make the mod tho, just made a little improvement with the musics. In order to them work just unrar them inside C:\Cavedog\Kingdoms\Music folder, all the .wav musics.

I mean the mods can be played singleplayer vs AI. But there can be mods with campaigns in it.

I look forward to uploading more videos to youtube, really enjoyed it too.

See you in GameRanger! Smile

I prefer not using TA:K Switcher, but you can use it too. Conflict of Arda and others Total Conversion mods don't work on him though.
Back to top Go down
APM

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks for your replies guys. I got the music to work!! There sure is a lot to see in that conflict of Arda mod.

Do you guys have any favorite mods? (any particularly good singleplayer campaigns also?)

Looking forward to playing more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!   Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone!! I'm a long time fan of TAK, recently got back into it. Glad to see there are other players!
Page 1 of 1