TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fixit9660

Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt Empty
PostSubject: Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt   Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 am

Some of my game saves crash TA:Kingdoms when I try to reload them. It seems to be map related. I can play the game from start to finish with all maps without problem, but the moment I save a game and try to reload it, on some maps, it crashes the game. It crashes after the save has completely reloaded just when you'd expect the game to re-start.
I have been playing TA:Kingdoms since the day of release 1v0, so I have a large collection of maps. Is there a way to tell which maps don't work when saved please?
I did a full re-install a few months ago when NE5.9 came out, but it was happening before that too.
I'm running NewEra 5.9 4v1BB and run 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt   Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 6:53 pm

Some maps are small, so having a large resolution will make the game crash when maps load.

Lower the game resolution in the battleroom to prevent crashes.

I think I use 1280 x 800 or something similar.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
fixit9660

PostSubject: Re: Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt   Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 4:57 am

Hi Sage. Thanks for the response.
Do I need to run the game from the start in the lower resolution, or just when they crash after attempting a Save reload please?
Is there a way to "resample" or adjust the maps into a higher resolution please?
Back to top Go down
fixit9660

PostSubject: Re: Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt   Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 5:13 am

Hi again Sage.
I've just tried setting the resolution to various setting, even eventually resetting the whole Defaults to no avail, the reload still crashes the game. In this case I'm trying to reload "Ulasem Arena". Can I send you a saved game to see if it crashes your game too?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt   Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 7:38 am

Sure. DM me on discord with the file.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt   Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt Empty

Back to top Go down

Saved game crashes Kingdoms upon reload attempt
Page 1 of 1