TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could it be...is it alive?

Go down 
+11
Capt Savage
EtherLord-RX
angel3b
Iron
AsTheRuinsFall
archangels
Wqaopl
Sage
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
ACE
Lord Amon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Amon

Could it be...is it alive? Empty
PostSubject: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I suddenly had the urge to play some Kingdoms, but as usual, that urge leads to nothing but fond memories. From Boneyards to Gamespy, so many great memories of this awesome game. I don't know exactly when the Gamespy community died, I just know I've tried going back there a few times over the last couple of years only to find an empty lobby, with an occasional AFK member sitting there unresponsive to my desperate pleas.

Don't know if anyone would remember me or not, I had quite a few aliases over the years, some of which were indeed smurfs to just mess with people, but for the most part they were serious accounts. Most recognizable would probably be some variation of Bahamut, be it just Bahamut, or BahamutFF8 or something along those lines. More recently I think I went by Lord Amon and FinalAscension, like I said though, I doubt anyone would recognize me, but maybe who knows.

Anyway, just saying hey, and I'm gonna take a quick look around and see what this is all about.
Back to top Go down
Lord Amon

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

So it seems like this forum is mostly about modding Kingdoms? That sounds good and all, but shouldn't getting an actual community going be first priority? I mean it does you no good to spend all that time trying to mod the game if 5 people are going to play it, just saying. I want to know what happened to Gamespy? It seems to still be working, I'm sitting in the Kingdoms lobby, but of course am the lone soul there. If GS still works, whats with this Warzone business?
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: A concise history of warzone   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Lord Amon wrote:
So it seems like this forum is mostly about modding Kingdoms? That sounds good and all, but shouldn't getting an actual community going be first priority? I mean it does you no good to spend all that time trying to mod the game if 5 people are going to play it, just saying. I want to know what happened to Gamespy? It seems to still be working, I'm sitting in the Kingdoms lobby, but of course am the lone soul there. If GS still works, whats with this Warzone business?

I think i saw you as lord amon but I dunno. Well basically sage found warzone and reckoned it was better than gamespy because it has this bypass feature which allows people to play without forwarding ports (but this just leads to pro players getting frustrated about lag and games dropping and stuff which sucks).
Many gamespy players got lost in the transfer but we managed to attract alot of new players to tak, some have become hardcore dedicated fans like lord hawk claw.
At one point I counted 23 people playing in the lobby on sunday which was great, the golden era of warzone.

This great period ended when TD formed, this was a clan which was formed of all the best remaining players, they used rush tactics against all the new players so games lasted a max of 10 minutes, they never split to make the teams fair, people got pissed with it, bored of the game and stopped playing. Some people also resorted to speedjacking which killed the game further.
The final blow was when kingdomsrx expired and the banner which was hosted by it got replaced by that massive page rendering the lobby almost useless. We used the other games lobby but thats also broken now so nobody plays.

well that basically sums it up, it was good during the golden era when we had decent games, clays smurfing (25 profiles), dirty tactics and hacking the game to cheat (i.e giving extra health to his units, infinite waves etc) sure ruined it. I would love to get playing again but in all seriousness i doubt this game will make a comeback.
Back to top Go down
Lord Amon

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:50 am

It looked like the other games lobby was working when I was on there, but I don't know. I probably would need the latest patch for my laptop anyway, plus it seems Vista and Kingdoms have some issues, I can run it, but it takes a couple of minutes for the "play campaign/computer/person" screen comes up. That use to bug me back on Gamespy, you'd have a 2v2 or 3v3 and the top 2/3 players would get on the same team, basically made the games pointless to play. Sure, you need to play better players to get better, but that's not why they always did it. Cheating is one thing that I'll never understand, how can you be that desperate for someone to think your good, or you just want to win that badly, that you resort to speedjacking. Why even play the game if your going to do that? Just stupid.

Thanks for replying Ace, I'm sure I've seen you around and probably played with you on a few occasions. I use to play with Blacknite alot, mainly because he seemed to always be on GS and always hosting lol.
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:08 am

thnx ace 4 mentioning me! lol dude if i have any say so i think TAK will make a comback as soon as they fix the lobby. ive made like 4 of my freinds TAk players. and they would play online except for TD. i think if the lobby was fixed then TAK will enevitably make a slow but sure comback...
Back to top Go down
Lord Amon

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Well, how many players were on TD? Could always just not play with them, but with the shortage of players I understand that's hard to do.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Lord Amon, you can play tak at www.ewarzone.com - a very simple and quick server.
- The tak lobby is down for now, but you can still play at the "Other Games" lobby.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Lord amon... check out the clan forums.

http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/team-domination-f24/

oh and btw im taking over temporary control of The Family (TF)
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm

TD was pretty massive, meaning to get a decently large game it involved playing with one. As soon as a played joined them they developed the arrogant arsehole persona that we all know and hate. Dissekeur (now joker) is an example of this but i think he's dropped it now which is good.
Fritz has remained cool, i think he was the only one who played the game rather than treat it like some kind of race to double team a mon 5 mins into the game (Which I was told back in the early days on gs was dishonourable and shouldn't be done).
Tbh i don't understand how the better players group like they did, surely a challenging battle is more fun than clicking the mouse to win. I remember great games on bloods, huge battles as each side pushes through the middle, this is the essence of kingdoms and is what made it great.
It is true that newbies need to play good players to get better but ffs, take it easy, who cares whether you can 'own' this newb so quick. It will just drive him away without getting a true taste for the game.
Anyway enough of my rant.

As for Vista, i keep hearing about problems running kingdoms on it, I can run it just fine. Are you using sp1? or are you using 64 bit, thats the only explanation i can think of.
I hope to play again sometime

I thought you already were in charge of TF Lord Hawk, I've never seen the other members online apart from drater
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:46 am

I fear that having a rant against TD will become timeless often going along the lines of how they never had a game longer than 5 mins if they had a game at all. highlighting my main point being that they utterly lost not because of there skill at wining but because they could not play anyone that new them for what they were.

end rant...
Back to top Go down
archangels

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 am

so is it alive then?, i would be interested in having a good for old times sake
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm

KM-Sage wrote:
Lord Amon, you can play tak at www.ewarzone.com - a very simple and quick server.
- The tak lobby is down for now, but you can still play at the "Other Games" lobby.
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 am

i bet TAK is alive. its just in a coma for as long as the TAK lobby is down
Back to top Go down
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:30 pm

ACE wrote:
TD was pretty massive, meaning to get a decently large game it involved playing with one. As soon as a played joined them they developed the arrogant arsehole persona that we all know and hate. Dissekeur (now joker) is an example of this but i think he's dropped it now which is good.
Fritz has remained cool, i think he was the only one who played the game rather than treat it like some kind of race to double team a mon 5 mins into the game (Which I was told back in the early days on gs was dishonourable and shouldn't be done).
Tbh i don't understand how the better players group like they did, surely a challenging battle is more fun than clicking the mouse to win. I remember great games on bloods, huge battles as each side pushes through the middle, this is the essence of kingdoms and is what made it great.

I thought you already were in charge of TF Lord Hawk, I've never seen the other members online apart from drater

In the good old days of GS, the lower players considered rushing and mon hunting dishonorable. The top 5%-10% mostly did it all the time, unless they felt like toying.

Anywho it worked out fine back then because there were enough people that the better players mostly stuck to playing each other (except when a random person got a big head and ranted in the lobby to play the better players as he felt he was just as good, then you'd have some fun and bash them.).

Rushing and mon hunting usually didn't end the game between two higher level players as they could both coupe with the tactics and the game would go on from there ( except it would be intense from the get go instead of beginning at teir 3).
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Quote :
Anywho it worked out fine back then because there were enough people that the better players mostly stuck to playing each other (except when a random person got a big head and ranted in the lobby to play the better players as he felt he was just as good, then you'd have some fun and bash them.).

this i can exeped however i have all to often seen the better players team up agenced new players, this is just rong cos

1) the small player amounts of players cant coupe with new or less exspireanced players being driven away.

2) peps who think doing this is fun will never be a positive influance on a comunaty and i will play with them as little as posible.

3) the games worth the time put in becom less and less so evrybody starts to play less and less....

the biggest blow to the comunaty in WZ has got to be most of the exspireanced players joining the TD clan just to do this (all the time) resulting in the loss of most of thes players.
Back to top Go down
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:31 am

Hi guys, personally don’t see anything wrong with TD nor with rushing yes it’s a little annoying to get owned sometimes but that makes it all the sweeter then you finally win!

I personally think that TAK most Definitely can make a comeback, if we are able to just simply focus on resolving the connection problems which have been a dagger in the side of Tak for years, this in my opinion is why TAK is dying out and it is something that needs to be addressed, I have already said to a few other players out there how this can be achieved.

However more to the point WHO THE FU** bought the kingdoms-rx.com domain and just parked it!!
Was their sole intention to kill the WZ tak era?
Will they be decent enough to sell it back for a reasonable price?

I guess we will have to see
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm coming to play TAK once again after that sin, that someone made to us
its would be really good if someone tell who have the domain
who have the domain?how much they want? or will be a new one...dont know how its works but i know that the TAK's Era is coming and ill be very glad to say a lots of times
gl & hf
tc on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 pm

guys. at domain.com

if u enter the coupon code DOMFREE u get a free domain name for a years worth of hosting
Back to top Go down
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Hehe thanks for the info, but thats not the issue we have webhosting, we just need to buy a specific domain, www.kingdoms-rx.com. if we get that TAK lobby will come back up on wz,
once thats done we can focus on getting either Bone yard running or atleast hosting dedicated TAK servers, wich people may connect to with out any issues.
Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

EtherLord-RX

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:56 pm

www.kingdoms-rx.com is worth $219 if you want to buy it. I looked it up.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 pm

What site did you use to look it up? If its $219, maybe we can all raise that money. Something like $5-10 each.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:20 am

$5-10 each?
idk but i guess its not everyone who is going to pay that
i have a little bit in my account, just if have to pay this values or kinder
do you accept visa?
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:06 pm

woah. dude im a metal head dude im always broke. i use all my money for shows
Back to top Go down
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, the best way of finding out its true value is really to email the person in charge of the domain it really is rather annoying some randomer would go to the travel of buying such a specific domain....

There’s no points for guessing what he wants, but who knows we might be lucky and get a good deal *doubtful*

As i said to sage another option and I am not quite sure how feasible this is, would be to contact the guys at WZ and ask them to redirect the lobby to a sub domain or even a new domain that will only cost us 10 USD at most.

Let me know your thoughts guys
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 pm

I heard from one of the ta players that he saw the admin of warzone a few days back ago. Hopefully, we can try getting in contact with him to fix the lobby for once. I sent an email to the owner of the domain, and I still haven't got an answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could it be...is it alive?   Could it be...is it alive? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could it be...is it alive?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next