TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creon - New Unit Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bardan

Bardan

Creon - New Unit Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:55 am

As I'm unaware of every Creon unit out there, I'm simply going under the assumption of the Cavedog version. IF by some chance the following creations are already available in some form or fashion, please point me (and the other readers) in the right direction. I'm sitting here watching an Anime called "Steam Boy" and I've had a couple of ideas, silly though they may be. Feel free to criticize as you see fit...

1 - Steam Trooper - So he needs a better name, but he's rather akin to the Automaton in steam-propulsion and being non-living human (i.e. robot). Basically, a chap who fires a steam-powered net over his enemies at close range (paralyzing them temporarily) while he waltzes in and bashes them with... something. The idea is to give Creon some more close-range/melee units. I'm thinking he doesn't have personal mana, but a rather lengthy reload time on the steam-net.

2 - Scuba Trooper - Those guys who are head to toe in a giant wetsuit with the big bell helmet with an airhose... yeah. Something like that. Slow (but faster than an Automaton), amphibious, general melee. No GREAT need for him, but trying to give them another melee option.

3 - Sentinel - Smallish critter, about the size a dog might be, but he's a scarab-looking sort. Clings super well to surfaces (i.e. climbs anything, even walls... if possible), tough-ish, scary metal pincers do tremendous damage to buildings, decent to units. Short range steam 'spit' where it vents some built-up pressure, super slow reload time.

4 - Magi-Tech Warrior - Think Mechwarrior meets Creon Sage; chain-sword in one hand, gatling gun IS other hand. The gun would fire 4-5 times before falling silent for a time to reload/cool; the sword does about 1k damage per swipe, the gun does a total of 1-1.2k including all rounds.

5 - Discombobulator - A defensive structure; the Sage's Tuning Fork on top of a tower, middling range. It has the same mind-control attacks as the Harpy or Mind Mage; 3-4 shots with 20 second-ish 'reload' time in between before mana runs out.

And now my eyes hurt. Good night!
Back to top Go down
roulthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:34 am

First off if you havn't tried the new era mod give it a shot i think it adds some interesting units. I'm not sure on whats possible but i have to admit the scuba trooper sounds pretty cool. Or maybe thats just because i'm a fan of the Big Daddy's from bioshock?... actually a big daddy like unit could be pretty awesome too Razz
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Numbers 2, 4, and 5 I haven't heard of. Can you upload them for me?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:05 pm

KM-Sage wrote:
Numbers 2, 4, and 5 I haven't heard of. Can you upload them for me?

Sage you might want to read the post more carefully, hes suggesting these units not stating that they exist

The scubadiver unit would be great, really suits creon i think! hopefullly someone can create such a unit
Back to top Go down
ddaearegydd

PostSubject: Re: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:16 pm

I remember playing ages ago with a Decoy Sage unit that someone made, very simple idea but extremely useful. Has all the same abilities (including weapons) but cannot build. I think it was limited to 4 or 5 too (in same way as the dragons).

You could have a lot of fun with them by building 4, putting them all on wave attack and dumping them one-by-one in the middle of an enemy base during a juggernaut flyby
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah, there was a unit pack back in the day that added imposters to every race. So slightly weaker attacks and a little less hit points, and no building, but otherwise the same.

There might be those lying around here somewhere. DK would know, I hope, if they're in the downloads section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creon - New Unit Suggestions   Creon - New Unit Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Creon - New Unit Suggestions
Page 1 of 1