TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Breakdown: Part 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Breakdown: Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 pm

So I did some stuff, obviously, and graphed the schematics of the map.

Red dots are mana, every single one on the map is a large stone.

+20 mana and +1000 storage.

23 on the left side of the canal and 23 on the right side. If one person occupies an entire side of the map, you're looking at +470 mana (not including builders) and 28,000 mana storage - which is insane. Significantly more then you would find on any standard 3rd party map. QQ.

The green dots and open green circle represents each players starting point and the 3 mana that they have essentially given to them. The blue lines represent the shortest way, on foot, to obtain more resources.

Now the white lines represent the shortest way to resources via flight or transport.

It's all about the mana, right?

As you can see the bottom half is at a disadvantage if you are one of the Light races (Aramon, Veruna) because you have to spend precious time walking around the berms to get to you objective.

Taros can use a ghost ship and Thirsha can conveniently fly over, make a lodestone and a builder, or whatever you do when you are that confusing race.

However, the top half makes up for the "map as a whole" because there are straight paths which promote balance. It's the random element of your race and where you are placed that makes things tricky. Basically an XYZ variable that you don't control.

Sometime this weekend I'm going to time build and travel times with a few races and post the results here.

The Breakdown: Part 1 Maze

The Breakdown: Part 1 Maze2
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Hmm, something I've never noticed about this map untill now is that the left side is significantly smaller than the right giving the left a small advantage in that they can defend it better. I would say top left is the best place, you can create a mini fort up there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 pm

That's true, Ace.

I meant to take a screenshot in Cartographer with the grid on so I could point that out but I had to be at work.

I mean, the entire map makes it so easy for people to defend. In fact I got destroyed by trebs on it today - walls on the berms could have prevented that but I got sidetracked and underestimated how many they had. Lesson learned. It was funny because one player who despised this map, and all CD/DC maps, said "this sucks I'm just gonna treb you to death." I told him if that's how he had to win then by all means do it - and he did lol. Was pretty funny actually.

But back to your point, yes the left side is smaller but I feel all bases have equal oppertunity to defend.

Also, from the defensive nature of the terrain, Clay is right. You pretty much have to tech up to win. Every game I play on the Maze is different and sometimes in my favor and sometimes not. It's quite exhilarating to play, I really like this map.
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Tje only point i dont really like on this maps is when the teams are on the same side, this could be good if there is maybe a zhon, but i dont kno say it, well the game is just stuck ! :p

Funny what you did, now i dont know what are you trying to do ^^

Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

EtherLord-RX

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 pm

I remember when I first played on that map (Against Ai's when I first bought the game) about 10 or so minutes into the game meteors always came down apon my base and destroyed me. I tried putting walls up and still got pwned. Only when I put two rows of walls up did I survive, but barely. I was against Taros, and no it wasn't weather witches. I believe I always started on the bottom left corner. It just feels familiar. Also I was really bad at the game. Probally ten times or more worse then I am now and thats really bad... (even though I thought I was the best lol) So even after 10-20 minutes I hardly even left my base. (I also played at +10 so its really probally even more then that) I never figured out what happened. Eventually It stopped happening.

Anyway thats besides the point. I use to hate this map because of the above^, but I have to say this is one of my favorites even though I hardly even play it anymore. It is a really good map.
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:02 pm

EtherLord5 wrote:
I remember when I first played on that map (Against Ai's when I first bought the game) about 10 or so minutes into the game meteors always came down apon my base and destroyed me. I tried putting walls up and still got pwned. Only when I put two rows of walls up did I survive, but barely. I was against Taros, and no it wasn't weather witches. I believe I always started on the bottom left corner. It just feels familiar. Also I was really bad at the game. Probally ten times or more worse then I am now and thats really bad... (even though I thought I was the best lol) So even after 10-20 minutes I hardly even left my base. (I also played at +10 so its really probally even more then that) I never figured out what happened. Eventually It stopped happening.

Anyway thats besides the point. I use to hate this map because of the above^, but I have to say this is one of my favorites even though I hardly even play it anymore. It is a really good map.

Meteors?? are you sure it wasn't a fire mage or did it look different?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:33 pm

I believe if you have cheats on, and type +meteor, that will cause it to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 pm

rofl
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 pm

KM-Sage wrote:
I believe if you have cheats on, and type +meteor, that will cause it to happen.

nope, its listed in the cheats but if you do it nothing happens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Breakdown: Part 1   The Breakdown: Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Breakdown: Part 1
Page 1 of 1