TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best 3rd party map?

Go down 
+9
CTRL
EtherLord-RX
ACE
WG-Chronos
angel3b
Tarosking-DB
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
Wqaopl
Capt Savage
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Best 3rd party map? Empty
PostSubject: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 am

What do you think is the best 3rd party map? I think its bloods hunters, my favorite 1 vs 1 map. It is also great for 2 vs 2 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4. Also able to handle the 2 vs 3 3 vs 4.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 am

and ffa of all types
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:08 pm

i aggreee with capt Bloods is SICK
Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Mana Mana!!!$!$!!$!$!$!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Copperhead wrote:
Mana Mana!!!$!$!!$!$!$!

/agree
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:30 pm

i like bloods just for 1v1...i cant play in team there im sux xD
i like also the map that was quarter final of the tourney !!!!cw idk whatelse Razz
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:33 pm

the ONLY map I care to 1v1 on is Iapur Narrows...
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 pm

probably have to go with bloods, it just suits all game modes. one with less mana should be made for 1v1 though and possibly a bigger one for 4v4
Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

EtherLord-RX

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I agree. Bloods is the best.
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 pm

And it handles the all important 2vs2vs2vs2
Back to top Go down
CTRL

CTRL

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:18 am

somthing about bloods is its a grouped mana map but it can be played like spread mana Shocked
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 am

Personally, I prefered the original 8 Hunters map...Mostly because it gave you more building room at the start. Bloods Hunters is good, but the starting areas are too small!
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 am

Let me disagree with this, Blood Hunters is just another silly made 3rd plarty map. Just put a lot of mana in each of the eight corners for each player to start, put a few water tiles between them and the rest is pure plain tiles. Give me a break, what is the difference of any other ffa 8 players styled map?
The best map will be one in which every race has the same chance, however this is an extremely difficult task in TA:Kingdoms, because a great amount of gameplay is based exaclty on the differences of the races on the various maps, rather than the similarities of them (like any other RTS does by having the same race a couple of times, LOL!) Well, I still wait for the person who will create in TA:Kingdoms a true balanced map:
1 ) where every race can have the same chance of victory,
2 ) which will disencourage or totally forbid the use of Gates (and even walls if need be),
3 ) that will disencourage the use of trebuchets but without overall forbidding them,
4 ) having at least a single mountainous line to the top of the map in order to reduce the effect of the "off-screen cheating",
5 ) which will include a mountainous line to the bottom, because you always have problem building to the very bottom of the bottom tile with some builders (the icons of the available units/building on your building screen prevents you from seeing and clicking to the area below),
6 ) which will be effective map in both ffa and team deathmatches,
7 ) that will contain interesting looking map features,
8 ) and, finally, a nice scripted multiplayer mission included into the map too!

Well, THAT would be the perfect map, if someone creates it I will give him/her a medal and a lot of cheers!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 am

That wouldn't be tak then lol, and it's also impossible to completely balance a map for every race. Bloods has got to be the most important 3rd party map in tak history.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 am

The other day I beat 2 good players in Sewers, I was Zhon, they were Veruna

And some used to say that Zhon isnt a good choice in Sewers.

My favorite 3rd map are probably the maps with the same style as VHD'S Trees. VHD'S Plaza...
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

Game Over wrote:
That wouldn't be tak then lol, and it's also impossible to completely balance a map for every race. Bloods has got to be the most important 3rd party map in tak history.

I don't really care if Bloods is the most important map in TAK history. I care for what kind of map SHOULD be the most important one, dear Landherr. I don't think that the map I described wouldn't be TAK, quite the opposite, a map like that would be a new experience to the TAK players and also would shut deeply the mouths of TA:Kingdoms haters. It may also helped old players to come back too! I know a perfect map (or even a set of perfect maps) wouldn't be enough to bring old players back or new ones to TAK, but I think it would be better than nothing.
I would love creating such a map, however I think I lack the "elder" experience of most TAK players in here in order to accomplish such an attempt successfully... Sad
The only thing I can surely say is the mountainous lines of tiles to the top and bottom (they would help a lot in terms of off-screen and building).
It would also helped if all team maps were horizontally (with one side to the left of the map and the other one to the right) and not vertically (one to the top and the other one to the bottom). This is better because all the factories produce their units downside, so people who start to the top have faster patrol routes for their Tier1 rushes than the ones who begin to the bottom of the map, since the units have to go all the way around the factory and then to march towards the enemy. Let alone gates are more important and more broken in "Up Vs Down" maps rather than "Left Vs Right" maps, LOL!
As for trebuchets & gates, I am surely not the only one complaining, so why don't we use a cartographer's multiplayer script to disable the building of the gates and even the trebs if it needed be? Also we can put some starting units, like Grenadiers and others rarely used units, in order to both see them more often in action and to encourage their overall use. I really feel we don't pay any attention at some units, which is unfair since they are overshadowed by more common ones. Sad
I don't dissagree just for the quarrel here, I just hope of enchanting TAK's gameplay and to bring old/new players at the same time. You can blame me for being a dreamer, but I am not the only one (LOL), and you can't blame me for trying, lmao! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Well I was just saying that bloods isn't just another silly made map...

And there are maps that already have those characteristics, this is no revolution.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm

I agree with Landherr, I think bloods isnt just another "!               ffa"
Its very interesting, funny, and slightly balanced.

BTW, saying that there are already maps with those characteristics was too over the top, if there is, in fact, a map like that, share with us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

I never would have thought that a map made by !Bloodknight-RX (great guy and probably the best RX I've ever played) would stand as TA:K's favorite 3rd party map. But by the way, I too love that map. Well at least, I'm pretty sure that's who made the map years ago.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:46 am

blood hunters is good map but the biggest disadvantage that is only (not only but the best) for veruna
but yea is not typical !.... map, that map have something like spread mana this map can be consider as something between cd/dc and 3rd maps , but in my opinion is little too small and too many mana's got (7x7 size 6*8*20=960 mana
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 am

On-my-way wrote:
blood hunters is good map but the biggest disadvantage that is only (not only but the best) for veruna
but yea is not typical !.... map, that map have something like spread mana this map can be consider as something between cd/dc and 3rd maps , but in my opinion is little too small and too many mana's got (7x7 size 6*8*20=960 mana

I disagree when you say its only for veruna
I once have beaten Choi(taros), rachy(ara) and some other players in a 5ffa using Zhon.

Aramon is also pretty good in Bloods
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:05 pm

ffa its more depends on lucky (maybe they focus much to eachother) but its still the most for veruna (yea i beat also sometime with other races but with veruna ithis is the much easiest map)

Edit

choi not win strange? he is korean xD the best RTS country

Edit 2

but in 1v1 u won't choose zhon and maybe creon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best 3rd party map?   Best 3rd party map? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best 3rd party map?
Page 1 of 1