TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unusual problem for a longtime player

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HatefulxxDesign

Unusual problem for a longtime player Empty
PostSubject: Unusual problem for a longtime player   Unusual problem for a longtime player EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Ive been playing this amazing game since 1999 when it surprisingly came with my HP computer many many years ago.. over a decade later and i have been through numerous PCs and games including World of Warcraft and EverQuest and all the big name franchise games. But this game started it all and I have played it ritually ever since I got it. a few years ago i realized "OMFG.. Lots of other people loved this game and made mods for it.." so then i got into all the modding and custom races. Ive been using the PG packs and his Switcher since it came out basically. But now for some odd reason, While using the switcher.. When the game opens and i click Play the Machine, no 3rd party races appear. only the 5 base ones.. Ive tried every setting in the switcher, Ive tried doing it all manually without the switcher, Ive tried the shortcut "Target" modifier, Ive tried moving Kingdoms.key, NOTHING will work, the game runs amazingly but no custom races, but PG still works with unit cap=5000 *grin*. any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've also tried running it as Admin.. doesn't help either. =\
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: Unusual problem for a longtime player   Unusual problem for a longtime player EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Ok whether my memories is good you just have to enable it in the ta:k swicther configs, double click on the mod wanted, and run the game and it will work fine.

Now, maybe you're talking about races and units made by fan. I guess you downloaded it, so unzip it, and in ta:k folders there are two other folders : races and units, put files in it. As i aforementionned, run ta:k switcher, alot of messages will annoy you (it will happen only 1 time, not sure though :p), enable units, races, run the game, and so forth... (you can see it in boxes on the left whether it's enable).

HatefulxxDesign wrote:
"OMFG.. Lots of other people loved this game and made mods for it.."

And we still love it !!!
Back to top Go down
HatefulxxDesign

PostSubject: ah..   Unusual problem for a longtime player EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

but i have done all that. Ive been using the switcher just fine for years and never had a problem with it. then one day i tried to use it to open TA:K. Everything opened just fine as it usually would.. but to my surprise there were no extra races or units, it has all the original ones you get from IP and such. but no Demons or Skele-whatever they are. (lol) Puzzles me because i have reinstalled Kingdoms and all the patches/expansions and the switcher many times to try and resolve this problem.. but alas, nothing has seemed to be of any effect. i can adds maps and such and it works great.. PG patch works great.. everything works except unit and race files that i have added to the folders within the main Kingdoms directory. Now Im no 'noob' to this kind of thing. Computers have been my hobby.. (hah.. life* lol) since i was a child, so i usually can resolve issues like this.. but this time i am just stumped.. though knowing my luck it is just something simple and im just blind and dumb. lol
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: Unusual problem for a longtime player   Unusual problem for a longtime player EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 am

Ok, when you run ta:k switcher, mod or races and units are enable, and before you launch, go to settings option, you can see 2 things : "Enable Mod" and Enable pocket_geek Patch"

If these both are disable, you now know why it doesnt work ^^
Back to top Go down
HatefulxxDesign

PostSubject: Re: Unusual problem for a longtime player   Unusual problem for a longtime player EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Joker wrote:
Ok, when you run ta:k switcher, mod or races and units are enable, and before you launch, go to settings option, you can see 2 things : "Enable Mod" and Enable pocket_geek Patch"

If these both are disable, you now know why it doesnt work ^^

ok.. i just did that.. now the game opens with switcher but whenever i click to play against the AI it crashes to desktop instantly.. no matter what mod i use..
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: Unusual problem for a longtime player   Unusual problem for a longtime player EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 pm

I know what you mean, but just to be sure, when you launch ta:k , the game run, and 2 sec ater it immediatly crash down, right ?

But it doesnt exactly crash, it just to minimize, you still have ta:k running on your menu bar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unusual problem for a longtime player   Unusual problem for a longtime player Empty

Back to top Go down

Unusual problem for a longtime player
Page 1 of 1