TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. Empty
PostSubject: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 am

The Zhonian Spirit Wolves are a really good unit and they also deal extra damage against the undead. In the original version (without any mods and extra races) only Taros have undead, so Taros have a greater problem dealing with them. Here are some hints and strategies to get rid of these pests:
1] Spirit Wolf, as I said above, deals extra damage against undead creatures, so keep your Zombies, Skeleton Archers, Rictuses, Liches and Dark Hands away. Ghosts Ships are also undead but they can fly, so they are usually safe.
2] Spirit Wolf is a melee unit, so try to destroy it with a few flying units (Sky Kinght is the best choice here), or strike it with ranged units (Skeleton Archers and Black Kinghts do the job well) from a long and safe distance, like behind a Gate.
3] Spirit Wolves can summon Risen Wolves from corpses and carrions, and they can do this with very little mana and in no time! So, avoid to fight them with units that leave corpses behind, like Executioners. If your Executioners die, for example, your opponent will add a new gang of Risen Wolves to his/her army. If you have to engage them on melee, try Blade Demons instead. They are strong, relatively fast ground units, they are not undead, they do not leave corpses if they are killed and they cost about the same mana with the Spirit Wolves.
4]Always kill the Spirit Wolves first, then kill the Risen Wolves. Risen Wolves cannot summon anything, while Spirit Wolves can summon a Risen Wolf from every organic corpse! You should remember that while slaughtering these creatures.
5] He are are some other info about Spirit Wolf:
* Spirit Wolf is a relatively fast and strong ground unit. Keep that in mind when dealing with them.
* Spirit Wolf costs about 1600 mana, no cheap at all for its power and its health points. The ability to summon Risen Wolves and the extra damage against the undead make up for its price.
* Risen Wolves are a real pain! They are more endurable than you think and they are created really fast and in masses.
* Neither Spirit Wolf nor Risen Wolf leave a corpse when it die, so it cannot be used to summon another Risen Wolf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

spirit wolf cant be stoned but can be frozen

risen wolf cant be stoned neither frozen

risen wolfs themselves, automatons and ghouls are undead too
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 pm

player1 wrote:
spirit wolf cant be stoned but can be frozen

risen wolf cant be stoned neither frozen

risen wolfs themselves, automatons and ghouls are undead too

Nice info! I didn't know that Automatons and Ghouls are undead, because I have downloaded DB-Double's unit boards and Ghouls are mentioned as 'monster', not 'undead'. As for Automatons, I thought they were 'mechanic', not 'undead'. I actually thought that the only non-Taros undead unit was Risen Wolf. I also had no idea that the Spirit Wolf can be frozen but cannot be stoned. Really thanks for that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm

If the spreadsheet I made said that Ghoulds are classified as a monster instead of undead, then thats what the damage multiplier is taking into effect. IE: it's a monster class, not undead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:19 pm

(editing to change the color and make it more understandable)

[UNITINFO]
{
acceleration = 10;
bloodcolor1 = 160 35 0;
bloodcolor2 = 170 40 0;
bloodcolor3 = 180 30 5;
bmcode = 1;
bodytype = flesh;
brakerate = 10;
buildcost = 10;
buildtime = 100;
canguard = 1;
canmove = 1;
canpatrol = 1;
canstop = 1;
category = MON MELEE ATTACK;
corpse = monghoul_dead;
damagecategory = undead; here's what change the damage (more editing) applied against the own unit
defaultmissiontype = Standby_wander;
description = Monster; description doesn't change attacks
experiencepoints = 20;
frozen = monghoul_frozen;
healtime = 0.5;
maneuverleashlength = 500;
maxdamage = 5900;
maxvelocity = 1.19;
maxwaterdepth = 10;
movementclass = GROUND2;
name = Ghoul;
noveteran = 1;
objectname = MONGHOUL;
roadmultiplier = 1.21;
shadowgaf = shadows;
shootme = 1;
side = MON;
sightdistance = 200;
soundcategory = MONGHOUL;
soundclass = MONGHOUL;
standingunitorder = 2;
stone = monghoul_stone;
turninplacerate = 1500;
turnrate = 1500;
unitnumber = 59;
upright = 1;
version = 1;
watermultiplier = 0.81;
}

[WEAPON1]
{
name = Claws;
range = 50;
reloadtime = 2;
soundhitclass = fist;
type = Melee;

[DAMAGE]
{
default = 1061;
}
}

so, for example, spirit wolf will take a damage of 1636 against ghoul and other undeads. instead of his 818 against others units, 'coz there's a multiplier of 2.0 against undeads

Last edited by player1 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I stand corrected, sir.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Both are correct...

His attack hit as a undead
But he is struck as a monster

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 pm

lol. being undead just means that others units with multiplier against undead will have the damage changed.

crusader - 1.50
spirit wolf and risen wolf - 2.0
lich and rictus - 0.20
fa's 1st atk - 0.00

so ghoul is descripted as Monster, different than other taros units that are descripted as Taros, and also different than veruna units that are descripted as Veruna, etc.

ghoul is just descripted as Monster 'coz its a npc category, like other sea monster, etc. it's not genuinely a taros unit.

damagecategory = undead;
so "he's struck" as a undead, 'coz units like crusader and lich as mentioned will have their attack damage changed against ghoul, automaton, zombie, etc.

[WEAPON1] type = Melee;
his "attack hit", if has any category, is Meele. but there's a name: Claws. lol
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:24 pm

If "damagecategory = undead" include the attack agains the own creature then i agree with you. But if is not is like i said ^^

About the claws
wharrgg lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:33 pm

ok so you dont trust me, i've to keep trying!

GHOUL: maxdamage = 5900; (means it's HP)

spirit wolf attack: 818. against undead: 1636.

test yourself. put a spirit wolf against a ghoul (ghoul with full life). if the spirit wolf takes 7-8 hits to kill the ghoul then you are right - but its impossible, don't expect it. the spirit wolf will take 3-4 (prob 4) attacks to kill the ghoul, 'coz his attack is doubled against units that have damage category undead (ghoul, zombie, automaton, risen wolf, dark hand, skeleton archer, rictus, lich, ghost ship).
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

lol i said if is like you said i believe you if is not i dont...
how idk what is right, i dont have any absolute opinion about it. Can be and cant be. Is not about trust ^^
I have to say you have more proves of what it is, so maybe you right. But until we have not sure i cant say if is this or that for sure, just a question of sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Like i said is not a question of doubt about some ppl, is about sense...

Tell me how will i confirm something that idk. I did when i said both are correct, cuz im not sure anymore, and i wont say it again until im sure. I made a mistake and i assume it. But i guess isnt big deal.

If take the damage as a monster or undead idk, can be anyone, when you said that the damagecategory is also about the damage that unit suffer you put a interrogation point in my head of what is for real. But it really make sense what you said.

But i wont test it, because im really not use to test those things. If you say you test it and say its undead or monster i believe it. I dont use my time for tests like that, for me they are kind of unusual, i wont think in that at middle of battle lol

obs. if i dont waste time for test it, i have to agree with you to not make a video of that test xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.   How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to deal with the Zhonian Spirit Wolf.
Page 1 of 1