TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rammstein

rammstein

Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi

Is there any way to test/play a scripted map without having to computers? Launching two instances of Kingdoms don't work for me and you can't play with scripts enabled againts just bots in singelplayer.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey, rammstein!

I don't know if there is a metod to test/play scripted maps in singleplayer. It also doesn't have the option "Use map script".

Cavedog didn't make TA:K's script playable in singleplayer, as you can see, in .gui files (interface visuals) there is a line in battlemenumulti.gui, with the option "Use map script":
Spoiler:

and this line doesn't appear in battlemenusingle.gui..

Hope it was useful! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm

You don't happen to know if there existst some documentation for TAK gui files, I found some for TA but as far as I can see they are somewhat different.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah, I have it. ^^
I didn't have patience to learn all about this yet... But if you are interested: http://visualta.tauniverse.com/Downloads/TAK_GUI.txt

And yes, that's boring, lot's of numbers and codes... hehe, but Cavedog didn't make us tools to do it easier. So, we need to discover all. ;/

There are much more about TA:K's unknown files in this site: http://visualta.tauniverse.com/HTML/Formats.html
(the most files are for TA, but some are the same thing) ^^

I knew that it would be useful one day for someone! hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Dear Ramstein, the best way is to test the map online with somebody else. So, if you need to test a scripted map here I am! Very Happy Just tell me your timezone and I can do my best to test maps with you at weekends! Smile
Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I managed to make a gui file which enables you to start a lan game even if you are the only human player. Now there is a new button next to the start button which you can use to start the game with just one human player and bots, might be usefull when testing scripted maps. Just use the hpi file with tak switcher. Download: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B247A6D07FD0DE2!133

@ARTHAN Glad that you want to test scripted maps, when/if I get one somewhat finished I would happily play it with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 am

Haha man, you are God! ^^

Very nice work, anyways, 2v2 scripts will sucks with AI teams, lol!
But if it is just for testing scripts maps... That's enough.
And, now we can make 1v1 scripts to play "singleplayer", and have lots of fun. ;D

I really liked that! Nice work! ^^
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 pm

rammstein wrote:
I managed to make a gui file which enables you to start a lan game even if you are the only human player. Now there is a new button next to the start button which you can use to start the game with just one human player and bots, might be usefull when testing scripted maps. Just use the hpi file with tak switcher. Download: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B247A6D07FD0DE2!133

@ARTHAN Glad that you want to test scripted maps, when/if I get one somewhat finished I would happily play it with you. Smile

Dude, you're indeed awesome!!!! We have litterally entered a new TA:K era with countless possibilities! I can test my Tyrant map and other multi scripst maps I've made right away! The possibilities and the amount of mission maps are endless, let alone we can run these missions as single-player ones!!!

You must definitely post a link to TAU. We have to spread the word!!!!!!!

I would love playing scripts with you!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:29 am

wow
AWESOME

finally now its gonna be easier to making maps
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I have played almost every script Vs the AI and I have to admit I rarely had such a fun time fighting the AI in TAK! Missions like Cairbay Coast Landing, Increasing Strength and some others are plain awesome, even when you don't face a human opponent!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm

one_player_script_maps_gui.hpi isn't the force start?
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 am

player1 wrote:
one_player_script_maps_gui.hpi isn't the force start?

Yep, that's it! However, keep in mind that you have to go to "play against an opponent" in the main menu section (the one with the orange knight), to 'host' a game, to choose race/map/script/opponents and then to press "Force Start", which is a golden sword icon right next to the grey/disabled one. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?   Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to play a scripted map one only one computer?
Page 1 of 1