TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wolf Clan still remembers us!

Go down 
+4
[K]Double
Sage
KV
A-train-DB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

The Wolf Clan still remembers us! Empty
PostSubject: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:50 pm

It is very interesting for me to see Wire (from the Wolf Clan) browse TA:K's forums these days.

Even though I don't remember the WC very well as I played originally on Mplayer for a short stint, but I know a little about their impact on this old game.  The Wolf Clan is an ancient clan to this game that soon into this game's arrival, took on a new journey into making impacts on other games.  I also believe that the WC was very familiar with the Developers of this game: Cavedog.

Although, it's a shame Cavedog went down, the legends never will!  All in all, it's very good for me to see a member of the ancient Wolf Clan to show up on these forums!
Back to top Go down
KV

KV

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:09 pm

I was/am in the Wolfclan. How many players are still active today?

KV
(King Veruna)
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Honestly, not many.  I would have to say there is around 50 active players.  The most I have seen on at one time over the past week was maybe 10-12.  This number fluctuates, of course, over time.  For example, two months ago there was maybe 80-120 active players, where you could find 10-20 online at one time looking for a game or two.  This was largely responsible by Rachy-DB who did a lot advertising of this game on Facebook.  Many of us were thankful for her for her efforts.
Back to top Go down
KV

KV

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Well it's blowing me away that there is still an active group of players. The game was a blast to make and a blast to play with the WC. I'll be loading up my copy and looking for some retraining near the end of the week.

KV
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Sounds great.  If you do not already know, we play on Gameranger.  There is also a new patch for this game that is required.  The 4.1BB patch which always allows the monarch expendable option, allows Creon to be played online, and a 500 unit limit.  I'm pretty sure there are other nice things this patch brings for the overall benefit of this game, but I do not remember them.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Version 4.1 beta patch includes:

- Sound for host in multiplayer games! ( no more excuses if your monarch die while hosting, everyone can host! )
- Option to always allow Monarch Expendable
- Allows 8 Players on direct play launch, such as Gamespy Arcade
- Allows the 5th Race known as Creon on direct play such as, Gamespy Arcade and all the features from the Iron Plague expansion pack (movies can be downloaded apart)
- ironplague.icd no longer used.
- Command line not allowed anymore ( 3rd party unit makers can instead of using the -disablecavedog... just move the kingdoms.key file out of the kingdoms folder, but remember to put it back to play online)

Version 4.0 patch includes:

- 500 units limit
- More than 500 maps bug fix
- Allows more than one AI per person in mutliplayer games
- Direct Play launch on ironplague.icd allows the Creon race on multiplayer games
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 pm

WC forums are down.

...wire :/
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Lol, says so the guy who's 24/7 connected (hidden) in this site.

Quote :
How many players are still active today?
Hard to describe, do you wanna count in the hidders? 3 smurfs of the same guy count as 3 people too (I bet some people have more than 10 accounts here lmao)? I'd say there is a lot of people who play TAK online, it's very inconstant. Depends a lot on smurfs, multiples, flames, interests (pretty much people play to win/be the best, or let others believe it, even if it's not true) and the kind. I'd say there has been far past the 20online (at the same time) mark in GR who play TAK online, but of course it's easier to see with a friend list larger than 50 ids, but you still can't see everyone.

www.alltakdownloads.6te.net helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
Wire<The Wolfclan>

Wire<The Wolfclan>

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:53 pm

[K]Double wrote:
WC forums are down.

...wire  :/
We have an issue with the database that I haven't been able to track down yet. Hoping to have it up and running in a day or two though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thewolfclan.net
KV

KV

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:05 pm

alltakdownloads.6te is great, but I bet I have a few pieces of art from the game that he doesn't have Smile

Yo Wire.

KV
Back to top Go down
Wire<The Wolfclan>

Wire<The Wolfclan>

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

A-train-DB wrote:
It is very interesting for me to see Wire (from the Wolf Clan) browse TA:K's forums these days.

Even though I don't remember the WC very well as I played originally on Mplayer for a short stint, but I know a little about their impact on this old game.  The Wolf Clan is an ancient clan to this game that soon into this game's arrival, took on a new journey into making impacts on other games.  I also believe that the WC was very familiar with the Developers of this game: Cavedog.

Although, it's a shame Cavedog went down, the legends never will!  All in all, it's very good for me to see a member of the ancient Wolf Clan to show up on these forums!
I wanted to thank you for your kind words.  I still get nostalgic for the old days from time to time, and I've loaded TAK up a few times just to remember the way things used to be.

KV and I were chatting about TAK the other night, so I started doing my "hop-a-rounds" to see if the old communities were still up and running.  It's admittedly a while since I last looked, so I was happy to see the ol' girl TAK still have some pep in her.

I'll be installing TAK sometime this week too, though I'm probably going to stick (at first) with the final 3.0BB build (the last pure vanilla Cavedog patch) until I get used to the game again.

Maybe I'll pop in online somewhere too Wink

*Edit* Oh, and our forums are back online. Got lucky and found the culprit pretty fast Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thewolfclan.net
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:59 pm

4.1BB and 4.0 Versions are quite similar to 3.0
no differences between units stats!!

only available to play with 500 units,
anti "error" if somebody have many maps
etc etc, only improvements that not influence the style/strategy game (units are same)
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Not a problem at all, Wire.  I am always looking to reach out to players of this game to perpetuate the life of the community.  Yep, a lot of pep.. hehe.  Anyway, I'll be around in case you wish to play for a bit.  Smile
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Not saying that there is a lot of people who just get on and play (even though if you are someone who just join and host rooms, and want to play, you'll play). I said there is a lot of people who play TAK online, of course TAK was never something you could compare with football for example lol (even though there are people who play TAK online from everywhere too). Main problem isn't finding people to play, it's finding people of same skill to play, or people who don't mind playing people of higher skill. But it's understandable that many players give up when they can't see a way to win, it's not a TAK exclusivity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
Overzealous

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Man, there's still an active community for this game. That's impressive.

-PraetorFenix
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Yes sir, we are still alive and kickin'!
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Welcome to Sages website.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:46 pm

It's not mine but every bodys'. Arthan and Manolo are also part of the admin's group.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Clan still remembers us!   The Wolf Clan still remembers us! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wolf Clan still remembers us!
Page 1 of 1