TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tournament!

Go down 
+5
X_DB
[K]Double
Myst
Sage
A-train-DB
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:14 pm

This past summer, X and myself had some ideas for a tournament that never happened.  On a spin off of Double's King hosted tournament, I would like to present to you a tournament hosted by Myst and myself.  This will probably occur sometime around Christmas as I want this to be well advertised and I had not yet accomplished the rules and regulations of this tourney.

This will be a 2v2 tournament.  All are welcome!

Stay tuned...!

Last edited by A-train-DB on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:57 pm

I better start training!

Carny, can you get paddz to train me? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Myst

Myst

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:38 pm

I would like to see 2v2 tournament
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 pm

I too would like to see a 2v2 tournament.  But I have a couple of questions that raises my doubt even though I am already advertising it this far in advance.

Will there be enough teams?

How will a pair of teams meet up with each other?
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 2:33 pm

I don't think 2v2 is practical because you have to arrange several people from across the globe to meet up at the same time; 4 players per match.

What could be done is this;

Hold a 2v2 tournament with a 1v1 bracket. This would mean that there would be one primary player in the teams. Let's say I am up again atrain in the 2v2 bracket. We are online at the same time, now all we have to do is pick a random team mate and play against each other - and of course the random team mates would show up on their respective spots on the bracket. Next round the team mates could be different, etc etc.

That's the only way I could think of doing it.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Very good idea!  I like it. 

Just there would have to be a rule that these players who join the certain player's team (I would call mercenaries) would have to only play on only one person's team.  If that particular player's teammate is unable to play say in round two, than he could only rejoin the particular player's team say possibly in round three, but no other player's team and say in round 2 this particular player can hire a mercenary who hasn't played on another player's team.  This way, people would not get upset if their mercenary (who may have made that player win) does not get matched up against his/herself in a later round.  This could very well cause drama.  My hope is that if I choose to host a 2v2 tournament, teams will be able to play the whole way through with the same teammate.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:39 pm

I just made my decision.  I will throw a 2v2 tournament!

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Please stay tuned as I try to figure things out.
Back to top Go down
X_DB

X_DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:31 pm

I like the 2v2 Tournament

Not a fan of Doubles idea...

I feel as though someones partner could possibly blow the game for the other person... or someone might blame the merc. for their performance. I see many arguments coming from this and thats the last thing TAK needs. Maybe I didnt fully understand/(read - lol)... i just skimmed thru it all...
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 pm

I like Double's idea because it keeps the tourney moving.  The so called "mercenary" would be used just in case a particular team cannot play at the same time, the tournament can keep moving on.  But the original partners can always reunite.  I also would like, as I get to the part of signups, to gather emails of each player (one that can reach each player of course) so its easier to set matches up.

I also need to think more about how to reward the winner(s).  I think it will depend on how many participate as well as in case mercenaries are used.  I could always set rewards on how many victories a particular person acquires. 

For Example:
Lets say X and myself are a team.  We win in a bracket of 8 teams.  X played in 2 out of the 3 rounds.  I would get the biggest prize (of not paying myself shit lol) and X (who was on the winning team the most) gets the 2nd largest prize.  Anyone else who wins 2 games are all entitled to a 3rd place prize.  The mercenary who helped me win one game gets a 3rd place prize because my team won the bracket. 

This system might just not only attract many teams, but each member of each team would be much more likely to want to play the whole way through.  Also, if this happens to become a big turnout (say 12 teams where 4 teams would get a first round bye) The winning system of first, second and third prizes will schematically still all fall into place.  My wallet will be hurting after all the prizes I might just give out!

Last edited by A-train-DB on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:32 pm

That sounds pretty cool.

In regards to the prizes, I have actually received more feedback against any prizes. The main reason is because some people don't want to make it about money. I would still rather reward the winner but I just wanted you to be aware of my feedback. I personally prefer the prizes.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:44 pm

I can see how people might not want prizes.  It may be a security issue for some and maybe for others they are simply being humble.  I too prefer giving out prizes.  Maybe if you do get the whole "redeemable by code" thing working, people will see that its all cool.  As for those who just don't believe anyone should pass out money prizes, maybe they will learn to believe that they might have just achieved something special and take the prize.

I will eventually have to calculate out (after I accumulate all the teams who wish to participate) how much I can afford to spend.  Than break it down based upon how many 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will probably be given.  I will advertise this just before the tourney commences and after all teams register.  I might just have to borrow a few bucks from X if I think I cannot afford my family's Christmas Pollyanna! LOL.  But it really doesn't matter to me.  I work hard at my job and I work hard on making things as nice as possible here in this TA:K community I had to relearn to love.

**Edit**

Now that I think of it.. it should be low stakes.  I really don't want the prizes to be large or it could create a very competitive tournament.  Thus, bringing out the worst in us.  But I believe prizes should be given out nonetheless.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 pm

My name is Double and I fully endorse the purpose and integrity of the DB tournament. This looks like a sound and stable event. Let me know when registration begins; I would be happy to sign up.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Thank you.  It is still a work in progress, made possible by your own previously held tournament.  Now, I have a hopeful second team signed up.  It's already off to a good start!  Very Happy

Registration will commence next Saturday the 16th of November.  By than I should have this well planned out.  Signup's will continue until the day before the tournament which date I have not yet decided.  Between that span of time, I will have calculated out the prizes.

I would also like to add that ALL are welcome.  Smurfs are welcome as well, but not exactly encouraged.  One rule that I have already decided upon is that in case of a dispute that the two parties cannot work out, I will mediate.  If I cannot find the two parties to find a solution, than both parties will be disqualified.  Recording games is encouraged but not required.  This will help make decisions much easier.  I am also looking for a second person to help moderate this tournament.  This will make this tournament seem much less tainted over from myself.  I am leaning towards asking someone who can speak well for this community.  I already have one in mind.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 6:46 am

why not, i havent join that last tourney, but nowdays i have more freetimes to give. I'm a bit lay to read all shit you said, 2v2 tourney why not, random team bad idea. Or why not make fair team ? Or just let us choose our teamate.

Just think about it, and past tourneys issues.

Best regards biatches.
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 am

Its all up to you Atrain but I also dislike random "mercenary". I know its easier to make (its hard to get 4 players in same time) but even this I would like set up teams
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:46 am

just make tourney as you want Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 am

Sorry, I made it seem like you have to have a mercenary.  It is not required.

My hope is that each team will be able to stick together throughout the tournament.  I just thought that Double was being practical whereas someone may not show up during the week span of time we have to finish a matchup.  This would require a "fill-in" also known as a mercenary.  This is just for the sake of keeping your own team alive.  You can always go back to your original teammate. 

My award system breaks down upon wins of a particular person.  So the more you show up as you win and the tourney progresses.. the bigger prize you may obtain.  Hopefully, the team that won the tournament will both have played throughout the tourney.  Than, there will be two first place prizes given out.

I would also like to get each player's email just so I can help find a way to get each team a time to play their matchup.  This is not required.  I don't think anyone would object to giving out their email because it is basically safe.  Just hopefully if that person smurfs, they wouldn't give out an email of their smurf account hehe.  I will also give the emails to my hopeful co-moderator so that this person can also help arrange matchups when I am absent.  The emails, I believe, would help make sure we don't have to use a mercenary.  The mercenary is for "just in case" reasons.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 am

I also just decided to not call this a DB hosted tournament anymore.  I wish to have a co-moderator who is from a different clan.
Back to top Go down
Sokka

Sokka

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 11:52 am

I,m not in a clan Sad
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Sokka wrote:
I,m not in a clan Sad
By your own decision. Anyway, dont go offtopic.

I can help you Atrain but if you'll find someone more matching its ok. lol
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:34 pm

also remeber during creating rules to mention about, or have idea to solve posible problems: (+my IMO, which you can ignore)
-elimination system (double single etc) (+i recommend single due to "easier" to finish)
-how many "wins to win" match (+i recommend 2 or 3, and on final level "+1")

-to think what to do if they are going to be different number of players/teams than 4, 8, 16 etc
-players choose maps or they are "set up" (same with race)
-what if game is going to be very very long (quite draw one, like 2hours everybody is tired and want to leave lol
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Great!  Myst you can be my co-moderator.  Thank you for offering. 

Malin, I will keep all of that in mind.  You threw something at me that I have not yet thought about.. best of 3 or 1 loss elimination.  I have however thought that if there are an odd number of teams like 5 or 10 etc., than a handful of teams may get a first round "bye."  I will do my best with Myst on setting that all up!

P.S.  Sokka, you do not have to be in a clan to join this tournament.  It is open for everyone.  However, I think you need to figure out how to stop your computer from crashing.  Unfortunately, I have a feeling I will have to make a rule stating that there will be no game's played over because someone crashes.  You will just have to give some units to your teammate before you do so!  But, I am now beginning to think that this should be a best of 3 tourney and best of 5 for finals.  Than if you lose a game because you crash.. its not a total loss.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Here is an update of Myst and my self's conversation of the rules of this tournament.  I like to keep you guys updated.  Smile  

1.) We decided that each round will be a best of 3 series as goes for the finals.  This will keep my prize system consistent.
2.) Myst and myself decided that we will pick 5 maps each round for all to pick from.  Each team gets to veto or remove one map that their team feels that it does not wish to play on.  The other 3 maps must be played on.  We will pick 2 cd/dc maps and 3 third party maps each round of random shapes and sizes and of popular variety.  They will not be hard to find.  I will do my best to make small "map packs" that you can download before the start of each round.
3.) There are no unit restrictions.  If any team feels that a certain unit or tactic may not be used, than both teams must agree upon that before the game or otherwise all units and tactics are allowed.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 5:27 am

So we can traffic maps's tourney to per example add 1 each monarch race for myself ? Or even thousands of elsins ?

I like your idea about no unit restrictions gonna work on script map

catch you later xxx
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:57 am

Hehehehe.  He's called Joker for a reason!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next