TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If lag was a problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

If lag was a problem Empty
PostSubject: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Who would ever have played a game that only sold at its first week, mainly for bad reviews about lag? But for those who still played (such as you), why would lag be a problem if it's now a smaller problem than it was ever before?

Was just curious. Actually, just want to argument a bit to show that people make up all excuses they can, because tak is only fun for people when situation/etc pleases their ego (which is called playing for status).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
Sokka

Sokka

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:51 pm

L.E.A.V.E.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 1:02 pm

jocolor  wrote:
buaaaaaa

you said you aren't playing tak, and now you are telling someone to leave?

oh yea, "because tak is only fun for people when situation/etc pleases their ego (which is called playing for status).", that's why the presence of someone better bothers them, and that's also why they hide.
Back to top Go down
BDRooter

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Every online game is going to have some sort of lag, even if its not peer to peer. Many developers build in lag compensation but it will never be perfect until all connections are the same speed.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 pm

I don't see how lag compensation would solve anything, it would also change the game. It's much easier to defend a witch in -5 than in normal speed. But either way can be abused, could always be.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:23 pm

I think that rooter mean generall, that's every todays internet application(game) have good solution to compensation lags, and remove strong parts of influence in program, (ofc lags always have some sort of influence but todays games are much better (usually) in that thing)

in TA:K case we can't do anything, TA:K was desing to be playable via internet (tcp/ip nothing much more)
(but that dEmn "TCMET" effects sometimes are annoying ("TA:K comparative mechanics engine theory"))

P.S.
that's true that in lower speed TCMET effects are smaller, cause game have longer time to fix that
Back to top Go down
BDRooter

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Malins correct.

Lag compensation is meant to try to give all people same view. In most modern online games they build it to try to make it so all players see the same thing, ie in FPS somebody running around a corner thinking they got away when they actually get shot. person with a slower connection didnt get instruction that person was around the corner so they get the kill.

It would change the game by making those with slower connections no longer having advantage. Obviously this wont happen in an older game. I know you were just trying to get Sokka riled up but thought I would share how most games deal with lag. Research how lag compensation works for a better understanding (its actually pretty cool technology)
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 pm

i agree that could be better at times, but i don't think it solves the problem. not only because it's real time strategy, but for other reasons.

in all rts games the only way to solve it is playing lan. or simply trying to prevent situations, considering the players in the particular game, that can cause a "problem".

Quote :
It would change the game by making those with slower connections no longer having advantage.
"it would also change the game. It's much easier to defend a witch in -5 than in normal speed. But either way can be abused, could always be."

Quote :
I know you were just trying to get Sokka riled up
what you "know" is what you prefer to know. read this topic's title and first post.
Back to top Go down
BDRooter

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 pm

man you just love confrontation! quit being so defensive lol. lighten up a little!

your title is provoking an altercation ... all your status ego talk etc.

a neutral post would have simply asked a question about lag without all the other nonsense.

the witch comment just reiterates my point that slowing all down to same speed levels the playing field.... which is what lag compensation tries to fix. obviously it will never be perfect. no shit it would change the game!

Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:15 pm

the guy who randomly provoked one of the biggest flames we ever had in this site with a random rage, after a 3v3, is telling me to lighten up? lol.

status ego etc explain why people complain about lag. how's that nonsense? people never complain about lag when they win.

witch was just 1 example that it can also make the game in favor of a supposed "abuser". in either way the game can be fine, or can have problem. lag compensation doesn't always fix the problem (being that the guy who loses complain), it can actually create other problems too.
Back to top Go down
BDRooter

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm

since you keep bringing up that old crap... i never named you just made a comment. you obviously have a guilty conscience so you go way over the top to defend yourself.

majority of your posts are you trying to piss somebody off or disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. honestly reread some of your posts dude... they come off as insecure shit starter.  

what is the Portuguese word for attention seeker? Over here its called attention whore.
"Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter"

i think people complain about lag because..... THIS GAME HAS LAG IN IT!!! people  complain about lag when lose, win, in game, after game, when drops during game, etc. lag sucks but according to you this game doesn't lag or is now almost non existent. did GR fix all lag issues with this game in the last month? (havent been on to much)

and witch lag isnt always somebody abusing...

if somebody with a slower connection drops a witch and tells it to drop.. faster connection may have shot it a few times but slower connection doesn't receive instructions that it was shot and drops anyways. that clearly gives witch dropper advantage. its the BS that comes with lag but not necessarily cheating. now dropping witches knowing that your connection is shit and knowing it will lag drop is cheating imo. if i knew that was happening in my favor i would probably build another unit but winning isnt everything to me.

im sure lag compensation may cause other problems but its really doesnt matter because it will never happen with this game... but their is a reason that majority of online developers use some sort of lag comp. it works better than doing nothing. its not like game developers are going to spend 1000's of programming hours working on something that will "just create other problems too" the risk is worth the reward.

Last edited by DK-Manolo on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double posted.)
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Quote :
since you keep bringing up that old crap...
you randomly come with rage posts, and i am bringing crap.

Quote :
i never named you just made a comment.
that's exactly what you did, it's written back in that topic (fortunately the post wasn't manipulated yet). congratz for keep showing that you're just another one with very weak word and low credibility.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Quote :
you obviously have a guilty conscience so you go way over the top to defend yourself.
you start crap everytime, same as sokka up there with his pointless flame topic, and i go over the top.

Quote :
majority of your posts are you trying to piss somebody off or disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. honestly reread some of your posts dude... they come off as insecure shit starter.
look a bit at yourself. who was i trying to piss off in this topic's first post, before another troll came and wasn't moderated (only happens when convenient)? as it's written there, i just mentioned people in general. i use arguments. what should i be insucure about, you shit starter (this topic shows it yet again)?

Quote :
what is the Portuguese word for attention seeker? Over here its called attention whore.
"Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter"
what the hell are you talking about, you attention whore?

Quote :
i think people complain about lag because...
people never complain about lag when they win. and "complain" goes as an excuse (another one) to hide. an example is that you made that rage post when things didn't go your way in a game (and you didn't win).

Quote :
lag sucks but according to you this game doesn't lag or is now almost non existent.
i didn't say that. where did i say that? you are pointless.

Quote :
did GR fix all lag issues with this game in the last month?
gr has the best connection a tak client ever had though.

Quote :
and witch lag isnt always somebody abusing...
when did i say that? you are pointless.

witch was just an example of how problems can happen with either "lag compensation" or not, it doesn't solve the problem.

Quote :
im sure lag compensation may cause other problems but its really doesnt matter because it will never happen with this game... but their is a reason that majority of online developers use some sort of lag comp. it works better than doing nothing. its not like game developers are going to spend 1000's of programming hours working on something that will "just create other problems too" the risk is worth the reward.
they are not programming tak. and as i already said "i agree that could be better at times, but i don't think it solves the problem.". if it had lag compensation, people would still complain if the game slowed down or anything else equally stupid, there would be still rage trolls (such as you and sokka in this topic). it doesn't solve the problem, that's what i said in this topic.
Back to top Go down
BDRooter

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:59 pm

these arent random rage posts. i replied to the post YOU created and only called you on your crap when you started getting all pissy like you always do. you are all over the place with almost every post. its like you dont even remember what you said. you ask me to give examples just re read your posts. you contradict yourself lol.

you argue just for the sake of arguing... hence attention whore drama queen etc. i could say the say the sky is blue and you would ramble on about how many different shades it really is and "knowing" about the sky makes rage quit and hiders. again maybe its language barrier.... it makes retort very difficult because your only intent is to annoy.

its my fault for feeding the troll and i take full responsibility.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:11 pm

you're completely offtopic, but here i go. you are on the same level as sokka.

you called me on my crap when you started the crap. comical.

Quote :
its like you dont even remember what you said.
i don't have to remember, i just have to browse it back. you are a shit talker and you just confirmed it 200% saying "i never named you just made a comment.", refering to the flame that you started. i went back there and talking about me is exactly what you did in a rage post (you said "you...").

Quote :
you contradict yourself lol.
when?

i didn't ask for examples, i know that didn't happen. you're just randomly talking shit, same as berserkers and offscreen back there.

Quote :
you argue just for the sake of arguing...
look at yourself.

Quote :
hence attention whore drama queen etc
that's exactly you.

Quote :
its my fault for feeding the troll
feeding yourself?

Quote :
it makes retort very difficult because your only intent is to annoy.
wanna play? that's my intent. you talk a lot about yourself. consider saying "i" instead of "you", and your posts might make sense.

Quote :
i could say the say the sky is blue and you would ramble on about how many different shades it really is and "knowing" about the sky makes rage quit and hiders.
not really, you are not just bad at tak, you are delusional. when did i talk about quit? i talked about hiders and troll/rage posts. i guess the hat fits for you.
Back to top Go down
[K] Caesar

[K] Caesar

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 3:23 am

I see nothing's changed here... same old shit old shit over and over again. Landherr, why don't you get some air. You really don't have to be a genius to see you're shitting all over this page. It's gettin old, \"****\' old >.<. And I'm tired of reading all the same bullshit time and again. As for the rest of u guys... when will you ever learn? DO NOT talk, DO NOT confront and DO NOT argue with Landherr, he's always right, even when he's wrong... You're just feeding his little false ego.
Honestly, I'm tired of all this. Instead of trying to get new players to join and fix some game/tourney dates, you're arguing/flaming/trolling and pushing everyone away. I'ts not cool.
Back to top Go down
Sokka

Sokka

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 am

not Ego but Status*

lol! 

Ps-Caesar!!! Only now you see???Remember the time you agreed with him but not with me and you sad im the flamer. geek 

Edit:Don,t even respond to my post Landherr(PLEASE)...

Edit2: didn,t see...Rooter isn,t bad at TA:K!!! hes just rusty like I am and others, but okey you,r the TA:K God(Pro) so my opinion isn,t worth anything... flower 

Rooter-Don,t let him get to you... he dosn,t know what is Good relationship.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:26 pm

lmao, considering tak all time standards, bdrooter is good. trying to tell me how to play, talking non sense about berserkers and trolling around, makes me have to tell you are bad (in my standards, not tak all time standards). also, there's a difference between being rusty and not being good. many (if not most) of the times people play and reach a level they never had before, that's not being not rusty, that's getting better than ever before.

you don't want me to respond but you post in my topic, and comment about what i say? hilarious.

jocolor  wrote:
leave
yea you know very well what is a good relationship.

and once again they forget the topic, and it's all about me. the real reason is because of the highest level of play ever, that's what makes them butthurt.

Quote :
I see nothing's changed here... same old shit old shit over and over again. Landherr, why don't you get some air.
yea i see you haven't changed as well. still like donuts? lol... you should stop talking about yourself.

Quote :
You really don't have to be a genius to see you're shitting all over this page.
isn't that exactly what you are doing, in my topic, completely oftopic and flaming? i never get enough, lol.

Quote :
It's gettin old, \"****\' old >.<.
i remember you saying that with another account. bdrooter started this flaming (that sokka didn't manage to do, even though he tried) and lost the argument when he became personal, and avoided the topic. same as you and sokka. you can't blame me for something that you are doing.

Quote :
Instead of trying to get new players to join and fix some game/tourney dates, you're arguing/flaming/trolling and pushing everyone away.
are you serious? you are flaming/trolling. i was arguing about lag, that's about tak. wtf are you doing? just feeding drama and making excuses to hide. exactly the opposite of what i am doing.

so, you or anyone here wanna fix some game date? lol... clearly you guys are just taking an opportunity to make excuses, but i suggest once again to use pm, make proper topics or whatever if you wanna talk about me, or offtopic, etc. of course that goes against your real interest (that is somehow explained in my first post in this topic).
Back to top Go down
[K] Caesar

[K] Caesar

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Dude... you're a complete idiot. Nothing more needs to be said.
I really pity fools like you, you're just taking space on the internet. Unfortunately there isn't that much space, even on the internet.
Right now you're in desperate need of two things. A \"*****\" slap to sober your already lost mind, and a blowjob to get you back in the game. If u ever were in the game... and you haven't gotten both of these in... what? is it 5 years?
Just saying... it's not too late, mate. Pull your shit together.
This forum was supposed to be a free time spender. Not a full time job. Get that through your thick skull.

Normally I'm not that offensive, but \"****\" it do dulls like you get under my skin!
Back to top Go down
Sokka

Sokka

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 2:15 am

Relax Caesar you'r doing what he wants you to do!!! jocolor 

ofc we are off topic, but that's why you made it Smile
Back to top Go down
[K] Caesar

[K] Caesar

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:26 am

I know, I just wanted to speak my mind. Now he can troll as much as he wants.
Btw, I'll try to get myself online too these days. See ya on GR.
Back to top Go down
Sokka

Sokka

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:29 am

I hope so!!! i'm on everyday just PM me
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 pm

lmao, trolls.

hf slowsnail and joker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If lag was a problem   If lag was a problem Empty

Back to top Go down

If lag was a problem
Page 1 of 1