TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illohir bug testing

Go down 
+6
Sage
ACE
Clay4141
WG-Chronos
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
Vaerun
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Canuovea

Illohir bug testing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:17 am

Ah. I must have played an older version, but if you read my battle report (if this is still going) and find things you don't like which you have not dealt with yet then... there you go. I'm especially curious to find out if Ashtaroth is actually damageable now! I will test the newer version.
Back to top Go down
lacerta

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:13 am

Hi! Just wondering if you'd be so kind as to reupload this Vaerun :] I stopped playing TA:K for a while, and lost all the things I'd downloaded (and almost all the units/3DO models) that I'd made...). Last Illohir I remember was 9h, and it was brilliant (I still never figured out what all the .fbi definitions in it did). I'd really love to be able to try out this new one!

Also while we're on the topic, does anyone else think it would be worth having a "Requests" subsection in the Downloads forum? Virtually every old TA:K site is now dead (RIP Fileplanet and MTMC), and any surviving third party races or units will be in the hands of players rather than centralised on these sites. So I think it could be really valuable if people could request an old 3rd party file, and whoever happened to have it could upload and share the link!
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Let's see if this works.

Illohir Race

AZurian Race

Hopefully this works.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
lacerta

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks Vaerun! (and thanks Warped Mind?). Both the races are brilliant and still so underappreciated (not that there are many TAK players left to appreciate them)...

There were a couple of things I noticed with the Azurians though; I won't comment on the balance (!) but the Apprentice's waterline value seems to be taller than the unit itself, with the result being that it can't be hit in water :S Similarly, I don't know what's up with the tank but something is off so that every attack on it misses and it can only be damaged residually. It might be that its model is just too squat, or the sweetspot in the script is defined as something it shouldn't be, so things aim for the air above it.

Also, some of the units have really low unitnumbers (Mammoth - 4, Avalanche - 165, Fortress Golem - also 165) - which should (?) cause conflicts with the OTAK units; the Aramon Barbarian for example is also unit number 4. However I'm sure I've seen a Barbarian in the same battle as a Mammoth without crashes (though admittedly not at the same time) so I'm not sure how this works!

They're so much improved on the earlier Azurian versions in terms of design, creativity, and polish, and are absolutely horrid to play against!

Illohir are great too! You really can't appreciate the creativity that's gone into them by just playing them, I hope future TAK modders take lots of inspiration from the complexity and neat tricks of the units (I definitely will if I can get a move on with it). The one unit that makes me really unsure balance-wise is the Fallen; with its speed and mobility (and cloak) it really isn't difficult for it to get into an attacking position, at which point the damagemodifier activates and it suddenly gains bulk comparabe to the dragons :S And all for the low low price of 982 mana, it's a little scary!

They're a clear cut or two above every other third-party TAK race though, thanks for the upload Vaerun (and for making them obvs!)
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks!

Azurians I think I gave you my modded version where they build a bit faster and have a lbit more mana for AI purposes. However, I believe that is on CB and not on OTAK.

Illohir, a thorn in my side balance wise, especially with all the tricks I can instill in that race.
But, most of the units that can cloak out of the box, are for ai purposes. The fallen, seemingly tough when they attack; however once they stop attacking, one shot will kill them. So plan accordingly! Smile

Vaerun

Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

its a cool race i love it but i noticed something when the demon race is enabled that other dl races get the demon archer from demons and when theres attack it crashes is that a bug or a just an annoyance
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks!

I have been working on to make it bugfree and more cohesive and not so strong. Update coming soon with Ethia.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 pm

np im happy to help but keep the illihor race the same like with the same units but still about the demons im not the only 1 who has noticed this though and there are also crashes when the demon race is enabled to and the demons also give you fairy, undead (dont know if its blight or not) and hunter but when playing as them the person dont get the mon
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Try this version and give me feedback. Includes an updated Ethia as well. Read the read me.

New Stuff

OR

New Stuff

Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 pm

cool race but i liked old effal he was a good unit that long range fire ball was good like put him back as a T3 and chaos effal as T4
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm

but hey its just me testen it but all in all its cool i like all the new units and some updated ones forgot to add that but the archery is lacking but i dont mind and the blood wyhym needs to be back mabye as a regular unit from the T4
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:11 pm

New version with a beta gui. Feedback please and read the readme for installation.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B13738054375D0A3!253&authkey=!AHdUWkNGIk-GAVU
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:03 pm

I have friends over tonight, but will try it out soon.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 am

Copied all the stuff over to my folders in Cavedog/Kingdoms folder.

Game crashes when I try to load Illohir through Switcher.
It loads with Ethia, but if you try to play with them, it crashes as its missing a "JaffaW.3do" <-- I think that's it.
Same deal with Azurians - they're missing "ABSnowball.3d0"
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:41 am

Did you put the musthave.ufo file in the addons folder and select it through the switcher?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:43 am

I don't think I did select it in Switcher... whooops!
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Didn't have time for much - the wife pulled me away - but Vaerun... how much of Ethia is your handiwork?
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:29 pm

The diety, dragon, towers(both) are my work, the jaffa was a veruna 3rd party unit, belonged to the sphinx pack by aquadraconus; I retexed the unit to fit in with the other units color schema and changed his weapon. Also, fixed the jaffa weapon targeting because he was missing alot, so had to fiddle with the 3do, script and fbi until the shots were accurate. In addition, renamed most of the units to give it that Egypt/Middle East sound.

Have to use that MustHave file for these races. I am trying to centralize all the misc. 3dos and other stuff so there is no overlap and could cause a conflict.

Anyhow, DL the IllohirNStuff file again, I did some more changes.

I did play your version of the Tyrak with your fixed features file and it did not crash. However, noticing what your error said, sounds like a tdf error, but it also says DAMAGE so it could be in one of the fbis.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:34 pm

It didn't crash for you with the features folder I gave you? Then yes, it must be elsewhere. Excellent!

I remember being part of the planning phases for Ethia, which is why I asked. I remember there being a great amount of debate over how best to manipulate a chariot unit. Very cool to see this end-result all these years later. The last "working" Ethia I played was just tragic. Kudos on your endeavors.

Will be out of pocket for a couple of days. Hope to make finalizing plans for graduation and job hunting continues. So yeah. When I am back, Illohir and I have a date.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 am

oh sorry havent tried the new illohir i will soon
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Mmk, granted I only played this for about 30 minutes earlier, I see a few things. Now, hours and hours later, the few things that stands out are as follows:

Your highest Tier is just insane. I mean, I know its designed that way, but when I unleash two units that total about 25k mana, I guess I don't expect them to literally march through an enemy valley.

The Divine Dragon - was it meant to require veteran before access to the other attacks? If so, no worries, though it might be at an immediate disadvantage to other dragons. (I liked the lightning breath attack, had planned on making that the way the Tyrak dragon works!)

The T1 Drow Rider is too fast. A bit. Very neat. How'd you manage that 3do? Wanted a sort of (Warhammer) Cold One a long while back, this is neat.

The explosions, and green fire, and such scripting events for most actions are, while neat, perhaps over done a bit? It seems less organic and more just to be more. Does that make sense? It doesn't detract, don't get me wrong. Very neat approach.

The Imp. Seriously. I had one of those guys in the works in my 3do folder for Tyrak. Not kidding. A vastly reduced Gold Dragon 3do with texture changes and a melee attack, weak but quick. I'm jealous. Very jealous...

Which reminds me, most of your flying units have both a melee attack and a ranged or AoE attack. Not sure how balanced that is... I'd say pick one or the other; if you allow both, maybe make it veteran requisite. Such as that top Tier flyer... his 'melee' has a very long range.

Oh, and the God, is he not meant to cost 360,000 like the others? He's somewhere in the 100+k range right now, about half price. BUT I did notice that his AoE doesn't do damage, just his melee. The firey wave, anyway. Which is badass looking, btw.

Oh, and Anharat. The monarch. He is buildable in the top tier building, yes? But also by the builder who makes the top Tier. I didn't check it in time, but I'm assuming one of those is a 'decoy' (without the moniker) since it costs about 1/10th the factory-built one. Speaking of costs, why go 200+k?

Just curious; I made Xorn buildable by the Forsaken in Tyrak, but the original cost in the .fbi is 100,000 which seemed fine with me...

Anyway, I'll have more when I sit down and really playtest it thoroughly, but just letting you know I've had a look.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

I have a question about Illohir to Vaerun. Why didn't you compile all the files together as one .hpi file?
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Bardan, me thinks you were playing with CB off. Try CB on.

Not sure Sage. Maybe its just easier for me to edit? I have so many folders in my Cavedog folder that it boggles my mind.

Anyways Bardan, took your suggestion to heart:

Regarding Tierofnohope(last tier): if the opponent whether ai or player allows that tier to be built, its meant to be end game.

And explosions and other stuff, I prefer to the not seeing anything happen besides blood splatter.

The flying units have a higher build cost/time. And the other attacks do cost them mana to employ.

The imp was a ghoul clone. I added some wings and modified an existing flying script to fit it.

I would't say the tier1 scourge is much faster. A horse rider at 2.9 and the scourge at 3.1.

However, I still am modifying the stats.

DL this: IllohirNStuff
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 am

Ah, yes, CB was off. Will try it ON later.

No, I hope you don't misunderstand. The explosions and green fire and the like were, truly, a welcome surprise. Very neat, certainly gives it that chaotic demonic feel. I was just expressing concern it might be overused. But then, I only played it the once, and there is a need for uniformality.

TierOfNoHope... I like that. And yes, I sort of figured as much. Too bad the other races don't have something similar. Question - do those guys have a modifier against Deities? Like if Veruna gets Lihr up, but Illohir gets NoHope up, who's likely to stand the test?

Scourge - got it, maybe just looked different due to the model? Not sure, but I do like it's one-time-use ranged attack before melee. Tried that with the Death Knight, but the bugger annoyed me so much, I just made it an AoE melee down the line.

The Imp is just neat. Really! Blasted jealous on that one, I can see the ghoul now. In my head, the Imp I wanted for Tyrak was a mix between the Flying Monkeys of Oz (as I stuck the Gremlin in Tyrak as T1 and it seemed similar in stature) and a winged Imp from World of Warcraft (sans the sword). I even have the EXACT buildpic you used stashed away in my Modding Folder!

Still, very cool. I think I played an old version three years ago, because the beastman guys look very familiar to me. Reminded me of Trollocs from Wheel of Time. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:11 pm

If it helps, you can always make a units folder and place all the files from unitscb. That way if you don't have cb on, the race/mod would work the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Illohir bug testing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next