TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make people out of community in community :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

How to make people out of community in community :D Empty
PostSubject: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 pm

so how make people out of community (unknown which play 1 game with some friend) to make acitive and interest in TAK game life

this people probably play off crusade ballance and on 3.0 or even 1.0 or 2.0 (which dont have crusade balance anyway Very Happy) versions :S

todays/tomorrow (they are 6 people, only 2 got iron plaque*)

*have on show games info but i think u can have iron plaque and gameranger cant even sometimes notice this Very Happy

Edit

so take ideas how take people, which play game one time and they usually never come back Very Happy (or back only with same friends)

Edit 2
Gameranger have a lots of them usually every 2-3 days i can see game with players which i not know (and they dont have other games expect TAK on gameranger so its stranger more but its nvm)

Edit 3
if u cant understand my POlglish then ask Very Happy

Edit 4

list of some of them

Wdzieq (polak play 2 week ago)
Asia ( ^ ^ ^ )
and other one

Sephiria (he use 4.1BB wow i just talk with him so maybe who knows)
and many other which i cant remind now Very Happy

Last edited by MalinOMW on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

I think we should talk to them. Introduce them to this forum so they can get downloads and meet older players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:28 pm

MalinOMW wrote:

maybe it would be less tiring to read this if you used proper case Razz
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 pm

player1 wrote:
MalinOMW wrote:

maybe it would be less tiring to read this if you used proper case Razz

And, OMW, I guess you don't need to put "edit 1, edit 2, edit 3, edit 4..." ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:26 pm

but i like edit >

its like putting other ideas in one post
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:23 pm

For me, we should do the following:

1) Sum up ALL the possible reasons old TAKers have left the game; from just getting bored to real-life problems. This may help us find solutions into dragging them back into the game.

2) Organize more tournaments once in a while, even with just a few participants, and demanding forum account to participate in it (this will force GameRanger TAKers to join our forum more actively).

3) Try to find younger players we know from other games or real-life to play online with us.

4) Advertise TAK and its positive traits (though this tactic have shown not very rewarding).

5) Any other opinion is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
For me, we should do the following:

1) Sum up ALL the possible reasons old TAKers have left the game; from just getting bored to real-life problems. This may help us find solutions into dragging them back into the game.

2) Organize more tournaments once in a while, even with just a few participants, and demanding forum account to participate in it (this will force GameRanger TAKers to join our forum more actively).

3) Try to find younger players we know from other games or real-life to play online with us.

4) Advertise TAK and its positive traits (though this tactic have shown not very rewarding).

5) Any other opinion is good.

1- considering the players who still have interest

- dont know where to play
- dont have the game anymore
- too lazy to learn where to play, how to play again online
- etc

2- finish the tourney, dont make losers brackets or whatever. lose and gtfo, move on. or it will never finish

4- this is good imo, wont have a huge impact but it does matter

my opinion is make a new ultimate tak pack.

like a "all in one" including gameranger, instructions, campaigns and videos with no problem, etc

and publish it as well as u can
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 am

Quote :

1- considering the players who still have interest

- dont know where to play
- dont have the game anymore
- too lazy to learn where to play, how to play again online
- etc

Seriously, the "don't know where to play" is just an excuse I think; I am active forum member in this forums, in eWarZone forums and in TAUniverse forums and I have never seen people asking where to play.
The "don't have the game anymore" is also an excuse. 90% of people, let's face it, download pirate music/games/movies all the time and they can't find TA:K? Also, UTAK pack includes the game and Manolo has tons of different TA:K versions for every taste. The truth is they're "too lazy", but we can't do anything about it. No pain = no gain, and searching for ways to play TAK online or downloading TAK is not that painful in the frist place.

2- finish the tourney, dont make losers brackets or whatever. lose and gtfo, move on. or it will never finish

True. Finsih it right now! Wink

4- this is good imo, wont have a huge impact but it does matter

I tried it in the past; it failed tremendously...

my opinion is make a new ultimate tak pack.

like a "all in one" including gameranger, instructions, campaigns and videos with no problem, etc

and publish it as well as u can

UTAK pack is fine IMO, Manolo has uploaded other versions with videos included (after all, you can see the TAK movies at YouTube if you want to see TAK's intros so badly) and GameRanger is well-known and well-advertised by TA-TAK communities.

Actually, after thinking about it, I won't try to lure anyone in TAK anymore. It is their fault for liking poor-quality games instead of wanting to play high-quality RTSes like TA:K. I did a lot for people to know what TA:K stands for, where to play it and why its such an awesome game. But you know something, when I came here I had first searched my \"***\" of to find TA:K and how to play it online, where to download it etc.

What people are waiting for? A TAK-IP jewel case to descend from the heavens with a huge logo of GameRanger on it? Seriously, they just don't care. If they cared, they should have searched more...
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm

I beleive a lot of old players do play from time to time. They smurf and try to act like newbies and re-create themselves.

For one, myself, I lost interest in TA:K for a number of years coincidentally when UK dissolved and my social life took full swing as a 21 year old. Lack of interest did take form, not that I just didn't care. I remained loyal to TA:K by not switching to another game. But I didn't play again until the end of December 2010.

I don't believe you can be upset at old TA:K players for not returning much or if ever due to it's completely their own right to choose what games they are currently interested in and play as well as what goes on in their own personal life. Also, this game has been filled with drama throughout the ages. I don't remember much drama back in the early days of this game (Boneyards and Mplayer) since people were not fully familiar with each other yet. Due to TA:K never getting as big as what the creators imagined.. the developers stopped supporting it as well as players in this game grew to know each other all too well and that's where the drama comes in place. There may be many who thrive with the drama, but there are much more who don't. That's where this game becomes less interesting. Been there. Done that. If they choose to continue gaming.. they will of course probably choose a different game.. one that thousands and thousands play.. makes things surreal. Boneyards and Mplayer was almost the same.. but not quite as like I mentioned before, this game never blew up quite as the developers imagined. Instead of 100,000+ players, maybe 10,000 played this game.

We should not hold this against any old players for they must have a good reason to start over in something that quite frankly no longer interests them. We must just all relish what we do have and not what we don't. Take things in stride.. with a grain of salt and just maybe, maybe if we keep playing.. more will come.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 pm

I just now realized someone is going to run all over me with what I said about drama in TA:K and how that isn't or shouldn't be a factor in people quitting. That is my opinion, but I have a lot of insight and common reasoning to back it up.

I already beleive most will understand that this game has a lot of drama. Someone may retort and say "all games have drama." That is probably correct.. I don't know because I don't play any other game, but it could be easily understood that a smaller population of players will get to know each other quite well. Differences will quickly accumulate and many groups or clique's etc. within a small community will begin to spark drama. I have seen this many times in my life back home.

Now, one may ask "why should drama be the cause of lack of interest in a gaming community?" Like I said before, many thrive with drama and there are many more who don't. Let's face it.. who wants to feel negative vibes? It's a natural de-motivator of interest. But many do thrive with drama. All in all, if you don't run away from it and attempt to make it right.. things often do work out. But how many people are willing to stay through thick and thin with just a game? It completely depends on your level of dedication of course. Another factor of drama through my own personal in-sight is that one's own personal ego of themself as a gamer often does not match their playing skill. The previous two times I've tried to make a comeback in this game, my ego was bigger than my own playing skill at the time. I was rusty and I did not have the patience to attempt to re-gain old form. So, I rage-quitted twice. I will admit I have an ego in this game. I'm trying to put it aside. From what I remember, as I mentioned to "White" in another thread is that the true great players of old did not show much ego. I completely disagreed with what he said. Most of the "shit-talkers" and there was always plenty of them and in all games.. were not very good. Like the saying goes.. "put your money where your mouth is." I interpret that as if you can't walk the walk, than don't talk the talk.. you will be humbled. But this is just a game.. so many "rage-quit" or in other words find something better to do with their lives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

sorry i stopped to read halfway through that, maybe i finish later

but so far you're making drama from where there was not

it is just an excuse

tak is just a game, i dont know what you both are expecting???????????????????

lol...
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 am

player1 wrote:
sorry i stopped to read halfway through that, maybe i finish later

but so far you're making drama from where there was not

it is just an excuse

tak is just a game, i dont know what you both are expecting???????????????????

lol...

Sorry for the drama. It just the strong mixture of anger and dissapointment when I understand how futile all of my efforts to bring new people to the game is. Of course, it is my fault for anticipating too much in 2013; most old games have stopped playing and young boys play only DOTA, LOL, HON and WOW because that's all they know about and that's what everybody else plays, though these games suck in my most honest opinion... Sad
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Sorry about pointing those things out. I was only trying to give some reasons why people don't play anymore based upon my opinion. I know I could be wrong, but I hope I illustrated a picture people can see.

*Edit* Sorry, again. In college I have studied Sociology and Psychology and mean to take Psychology as a major when I go back to school. I was solely basing my opinions upon studying these things and occurances in my own life (which seem to be always on my mind) into what I wrote about gaming life in TA:K.

I am not a professor, but ultimately I mean well. After thinking twice about it, I know there isn't nearly the same amount of drama in this game today and like Arthan pointed out.. most young players these days play new games where more people play. Long live TA:K! pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 pm

out of context:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make people out of community in community :D   How to make people out of community in community :D Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make people out of community in community :D
Page 1 of 1