TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to get conflict of arda to work

Go down 
+5
ACE
Vaerun
Red Warlord
Sage
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

how to get conflict of arda to work Empty
PostSubject: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:04 pm

ive tried evrything... :[ im boiut to giv up!
:[
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:59 pm

It works fine for me. You place the .ufo file in the kingdoms folder; don't place it into the race folder, and don't open the tak switcher because it will drop the file in the unknown folder. Lastly, launch tak with the kingdoms.exe.

6/17 Added. You also have to take out the kingdoms.key file from the tak directory. Don't forget to put it back when you play online.

Last edited by KM-Sage on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Red Warlord

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:25 am

it SHOULD work with placing the ufo file in your TAK directory. But maybe if you have tak switcher or something (I have never used it so I only have a theory) it might be that it is just not found. I have the idea that if some files are conflicting (escp. the race file in the mod's ufo), TAK loades the newest (or most recently added). But I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:39 pm

The file can be placed in the races folder of TAK switcher with the required *.side.txt file and enabled from there.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 pm

what is conflict of arda?
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:07 pm

its a LOTRs total conversion for TAK Smile i got it to work with clays help a while back when we were using other games lobby! its sick as heck, but the pathfinding is horrible :/
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 pm

TF-Lord-hawk-claw wrote:
its a LOTRs total conversion for TAK Smile i got it to work with clays help a while back when we were using other games lobby! its sick as heck, but the pathfinding is horrible :/

Got a link?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Check in the download section under "one place for all tak dls".
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 pm

or the kingdomszone site
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm

I have tried the Conflict of Adra mod recently. It is truly cool and amazing mod! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Hey all! I'm brand new here (seriously like 15 minutes new) I can't get this mod to load either and i don't have the file type you mentioned. I downloaded and saved what was offered at kingdomzone.com and the file I have is called Conflict of Arda (1).rar and I can't get it to do anything. It wont open and no matter where I put it in kingdoms, it doesn't show up in the switcher. I'm not real familiar with .rar files other than they are for downloads. Do I need something else to "extract" the proper files from this?
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey secretfire6, I will tell you step by step, how to get it to work:

First - Download Conflict of Arda (Click Here)
Second - Open it.
Third - Copy LotrCoA.ufo to your TA:K's directory.
Fourth - Open the 2 .rar files that are in, "CoAXP" and "RivendelWarrior".
Fifth - Copy LotRCoAXP.ufo from CoAXP.rar, and RivendelWarrior.ufo from RivendelWarrior.rar, to your TA:K directory.
Sixth - Move (don't copy or remove) Kingdoms.key from TA:K directory for somewhere (recommended in your desktop).
Seventh - Open your Kingdoms.exe, or your shortcut of TA:K in your desktop.

Ready, you can enjoy the mod now.

Obs: You don't need TA:K Switcher to run it, this mod is a total conversion of TA:K.
Keep Kingdoms.key as backup, you are going to need it when you want to play the normal TA:K (without conversion), just put it back to your TA:K directory and you're ready. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 pm

ok trying that, but I need to download 7zip first and install it. i'll check back in a bit. thanks for all the help Smile

back, skipped 7zip because there was too much other junk with it and went with winzip
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm

got it unpacked finally will be trying to play it another time as it is late and i must make food.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:05 am

Hehe, you could use WinRar for extract the files, this is the most popular program to do that.
Click here to download 32 bits verison | Click here to download 64 bits version

But, 7zip is fine. ^^
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm

ok got it all unpacked and put the files in that you said. is it just for scrimmage battles? One of the text documents "strategies" made it sound like there were campaigns. looks amazing but it seems too quiet without music. I got half way through my first little battle of Rohan vs Mordo and it crashed the same way all the mods I've ever used have crashed. screen goes black for a second, but still has sound, then closes to the desktop with a message telling me "Total Annihilation: Kingdoms has stopped working. the program encountered a problem and had to close." oh and what is the arda_tak application? When i click on it its asking to install something. is it just trying to do what I aready did?
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

I tried playing it and man, it looks fantastic! Whoever made the units, buildings and little pictures really did a five star job! I bet it would be really fun to sit and play many games all the way through, but that is where it has it's fatal flaw. This conversion crashes like CRAZY. in one skirmish it probably crashed on me 30-40 times. It's barely playable and isn't any fun constantly saving and reloading your game. I did however narrow down the crashing culprit. it's something in the battle animations. I played a small narrow map. My base was on the left and the mordor base was on the right. I sent in a large mixed unit army and was taking down their towers and buildings. if I was looking at my own base the game played fine, but if i scrolled to the left to watch the battle it would crash as soon as I got the the enemy units. Every time without fail it would crash watching the battle. Even if I tried to click the mini map to view it, BOOM, it would crash immediately. After the biggest part of the battle was over and i was cleaning up the last buildings and the loadstone, it ran just fine again.
Right now I'm playing TAK with no mods and its running perfect, so I know it isnt my TAK install. It's not my PC because it never crashes doing anything else or any other games.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 am

Hmm, that's strange...

•I think you should reinstall your game, try using my "TA:K Mods + Races" pack: ~Click here to Download~ (for more information see this topic: http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t817-all-tak-downloads) .And see if it crashes.
•Try updating your drivers, or choosing render device for TA:K (open the file Choose Render in TA:K's folder).
•Put your TA:K in the default folder (C:\Cavedog\Kingdoms).
•Verify if there are another mods in your TA:K's folder, keep only the mod Conflict of Arda in there.
•The Arda_TAK file, is a setup to help you install the files in your TA:K folder, but it is a bit confused.

xD!
Try these things and see if it works... ^^
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

tried suggestions 1 through 3. mods still crash the game. Every 3rd party creation I've ever used has crashed the game, even years ago on my old computer. It doesn't seem to matter if it's just one new unit, a race, a mod, AI or anything. If it isn't official from cavedog it crashes my game. sometimes it crashes 20 minutes into the game, sometimes 3 hours. sometimes it just crashes once, other times it crashes over and over.
Most people play these mods and units online right? maybe they aren't made for single player vs AI??? Doesn't it crash for everyone else?
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 am

secretfire6 wrote:
Most people play these mods and units online right?

Quite the opposite. 99,99% of TAKers play pure 4.1BB online while trying mods for fun in single player vs the AI, where they can save their games in case they crash or something. Hope I was helpful. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 am

secretfire6 wrote:
tried suggestions 1 through 3. mods still crash the game. Every 3rd party creation I've ever used has crashed the game, even years ago on my old computer. It doesn't seem to matter if it's just one new unit, a race, a mod, AI or anything. If it isn't official from cavedog it crashes my game. sometimes it crashes 20 minutes into the game, sometimes 3 hours. sometimes it just crashes once, other times it crashes over and over.

Man, I made a tutorial in my "All TA:K Downloads" topic, see if you did it right (it is in "Tutorials" part): http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t817-all-tak-downloads

But, I think your problem doesn't have solution... -.-
I recommend you begin of 0, removing your Cavedog's folder, but, don't install ultimate tak pack, install setup by setup, TA:K, 4.1bb, follow my tutorial "how to install total conversion mods" and try it again.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you are going to do what Arthan says: "save your games in case they crash or something."
Ok?

IMP-ARTHAN wrote:
Quite the opposite. 99,99% of TAKers play pure 4.1BB online while trying mods for fun in single player vs the AI, where they can save their games in case they crash or something. Hope I was helpful. Smile

Oh well, I'm able to play mods/races with someone if he/she wants to, just call me! xD
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm

[quote=]Man, I made a tutorial in my "All TA:K Downloads" topic, see if you did it right (it is in "Tutorials" part): http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t817-all-tak-downloads

But, I think your problem doesn't have solution... -.-
I recommend you begin of 0, removing your Cavedog's folder, but, don't install ultimate tak pack, install setup by setup, TA:K, 4.1bb, follow my tutorial "how to install total conversion mods" and try it again.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you are going to do what Arthan says: "save your games in case they crash or something."
Ok?[/quote]
yep I did it right. Mine just looks different because I'm using windows vista, but I set up the conversion right and it does run for a while, it just crashes later because it's 3rd party created...I have no idea why.

I'm not sure I want to uninstall kingdoms because I don't want to loose my saved games and I really don't want to loose the official cavedog patches that fixed things like wisp targeting and certain units being able to go up and down ramps. If I get really desperate i'll pull those things out and save them in an external before I uninstall. like I said it never seems to matter what I do, new computer, old computer, fresh install, patched IP update, 3rd party patches, 10 years ago and now, everything 3rd party makes it crash randomly.

IMP-ARTHAN wrote:

Oh well, I'm able to play mods/races with someone if he/she wants to, just call me! xD
[/quote]
It really sucks because I wanted to get back involved in TAK community and enjoy everything that's out there, but I guess if I can't ...I can't. I still love to play what cavedog officially made too.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Yah, if you don't want to lose your things, just make a copy then...

Surely, your old computer will run fine TA:K, because this game is old and was made for old computers (windows 95/98).
Cavedog is dead, 4.1bb patch isn't a official patch, it was made by players, not by cavedog... So, I just think that Cavedog didn't finish its project (TA:K), and leave it to us, now we need "survive" with the bugs that TA:K comes with... ^^

And, I still with the idea of begin of 0... lol!
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm

ok, i'll try that. I have to head to work so it may be until sunday when I give it a shot. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to get conflict of arda to work   how to get conflict of arda to work Empty

Back to top Go down

how to get conflict of arda to work
Page 1 of 1