TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does everyone think of an updated patch?

Go down 
+6
Capt Savage
ACE
angel3b
AsTheRuinsFall
Sage
Clay4141
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Clay4141

Clay4141

What does everyone think of an updated patch? Empty
PostSubject: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:30 pm

With the release of axls new server, I was told we could play mods on there.
Not sure if its right away, but I'm thinking we need a new unofficial patch.
Something small with not alot of changes.

1) A little Creon revamp
ie. Gate = attackable, tier 1 and 2 unit fix
2) Paralyzers fix
3) Wisp aiming fix
4) Build restructuring
ie. Balista from Citadel, Rolling tower from flying builder, Ark from Mage Builder, etc....
5) Remove speedhack option in game

Anyone think of any other ideas?
I'm sure a small patch consisting of these things would be ideal.

I have a perfect creon revamp.... its small changes help alot.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

I like the idea, but would be hard for others to download something like this since they are so used to play tak how it is. Some players like the ones from the wolfclan only play 3.0; they never updated their tak because 4.0 and 4.1 are unofficial patches.

You could create a mod with these small changes since the new server will be able to host mods in future versions. I'd love to see this, but it's better to have otak how it is, and have online options as mods for people to choose what they'd like to play.

Anyone agrees, disagrees?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm

I agree. There are a lot of people like me, who have no use for mods.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:08 pm

well i like the mods, and if can be played by the new server will be even more fun
Back to top Go down
AsTheRuinsFall

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Mods are fine, I have nothing against them, I just don't play them.

Unofficial patches split communities though.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 pm

ok np man... Smile

but that could be true... if 4.1 is already unofficial, make another one could take a good time to be accept by all...could really split communitys, maybe if added in a mod, if isnt that the idea...
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm

I was thinking about this.
I think there should be a new patch which just irons out some of the dumb bugs that were never intended for the game, leave any unit changes for mods.
As clay has said the patch must fix the speed jack thing, wisp targeting bug, paralysing and possibly fix the aiming in water as this KILLS the idea of having sea battles when a single fucking swamp beast can kill an entire fleet of ships. surely the giant baracuda was intended for this.
perhaps change the buildtime or cost of some of the useless units like the dark hand to make them better, but still not completely useful so the game remains similar

I read this thing a while ago which said back in the old versions there was a bug which allowed the titan aura to work when titans are loaded into a ship making it almost indestructible, now patching that does change the game but clearly for the better, that is why i think it should be introduced.

"unofficial patches split communities"
Well unfortunately unofficial is the only way for tak now, I doubt a few small changes will split a community like this.

The only reason i can see for people not wanting this "fix" patch is because they exploit the bugs. If the game does regain old players surely it is best to do this now rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I never usually agree with Ace but I'm glad the two of us are seeing eye to eye on this.

And it could be debated but I do believe Creon needs a few changes to keep up with the other races... nothing major.

-Make creon gate attackable
-Increase usefullness of Automation
-Improve uniqueness of Tortoise vs Fire Wagon vs Shock Trooper
-Limit Beast Rider to ground only
-Allow academy to build Mechanics
-Create balance between and uniqueness of Gatling Crossbow vs Bomb Sprinkler vs Prismatic Mirror
-Give Aeriel Juggernaut 3 selectable attacks
-Fix Chief Engineer paralyzer
-Allow Sages mortar to do more damage vs bases. (afterall nobody said Sage was built for mon fighting)

With these changes, Creon could become useful and not overpowered. Allowing more players to be able to use Creon efficiently.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming and theres nothing wrong with Creon.... HA!
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:40 am

if anything needs to be fixed it would be jugger and shock trooper.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 am

Capt Savage wrote:
if anything needs to be fixed it would be jugger and shock trooper.

Gates and autos NEED to be fixed too....
Gatling Crossbow is near useless.
Whats the point of Bomb Sprinkler?

FireWagon/Beast Rider are both over powered....

Think about it... the race is fuckard as of now!
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:49 pm

u could add a NUKE attack to the arieal juggernaught. similar to the waves of dragons.
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm

tbh i'm shocked they released creon as it is, they have so few units and many of them are useless or overpowered they need to be fixed for sure!!

seeing as nobody plays without crusades balance why not have a "crusades balance/crusades balance 2" option in this patch, then everyone would be happy!

i think bomb sprinker has a small use, well against the ai at least, you can build a wall, the ai get stuck on it and your bombsprinkler just cleans it up!
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Ill release a small mod for everyone to try out. Just a few changes...
I have an attack for juggernaught, its similar to sages wave. Wouldnt make it a nuke tho.... Creons advanced bc they can make a flying mechanical dragon but a nuke is too far Razz
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm

i don't think we've managed to make a flying mechanical dragon but we have thousands of nukes What does everyone think of an updated patch? Affraid

i have no idea what the juggernaughts wave can be called
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 pm

i would just be happy if the juggernaut was fixed to the point that it would actually attack what you tell it to.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 pm

What I did to the juggernaut was this
-3 attacks
-arrows - balanced with firebreath (very very very good at killing birds)(air or ground)
-cannonballs - balanced with fireballs, bubbles, etc. (can hit air or ground)
-Gail Force - balanced with waves (think of it as a weather machine)
The Gail Force is actually the same wave as the flying machine in sages mod, just modified. (and no hailstorm or lightning)

It will attack whatever you tell it to. And it can transport still. tested it out, and it balances quite nice, the lack of good turns makes up for the transporting.

trust me... its nice!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:31 pm

The storm bringer in my mod has a pretty cool wave. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Thats the one i was referring to Razz
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 pm

i stuill think u should put a nuke instead of gail force lol.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Kingdoms 4.2c Patch/Mod
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WTL1QP8K

try it out, tell me what you think.
Revamped Creon.
Paralyzers fixed.
Wisp fixed.
Little buildorder fix.

Last edited by Clay4141 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 pm

cool! i'll check it out. Any changes to the other races?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 pm

That link is infected. I just got a virus in my pc...
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm

O_o

What kind of virus?

I'll reupload the file... but I assure you there was no virus (intentionally) put in it.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Once I clicked on the link, megaupload gave me a virus and redirected me to another site. I didn't even get to download the mod.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm gonna leave that one on there because I've tried it several times now and didnt detect anything nor was I redirected. But let me find another place to upload it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of an updated patch?   What does everyone think of an updated patch? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does everyone think of an updated patch?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next