TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc Empty
PostSubject: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

I want to ask in this topic what do you feel about some stuff/rules (please answer on this questions don't flame/spam or dont answer on some other answers Smile )

1.Opening gates
2.Offscreen
3.Walling monarch with lots of buildings/ghost type etc (specially run with half health monarch and build some build to avoid get hurt)
4.Feeding your dragon/fallen angels by birds of yourteammate (2v2 3v3 4v4) or feeding by diplomatic giving birds to enemy/teammate and destroy them later
5.How about trebs?
6.How about races?
7.Deleting units to avoid expirience enemy unit (situation your monarch/3-tier factory got hurt much and you know that enemy ?blade demon? for sure gonna kill it and become gold so you have option to ctrl+d your monarch/structure to avoid expirence)
8.?Freestyle?

1.Opening gates

Me: I think its illegal bug, maybe only against AI on some scripts but i still have problem with conscience LOL

2.Offscreen

Me: I think we got this problem only because we play 3rd maps, on cd/dc maps offscreen its something which can happen but who care, hardly ever borders maps are so important, so:
3rd maps illegal and dishonorable (drops/aerial/spy become just too OP)
cd/dc who cares its not usefull as much, and its still require some knowledge and wisdom so this can be considered as part of skill

3.Walling monarch with lots of buildings/ghost type etc (specially run with half health monarch and build some build to avoid get hurt)

Me: When i first-s time-s play-s on multiplayer it was really annoying that my 2nd spell shots are wasted cause "that dumbass" use that trick (something like crying child who get surprise that something like this exists)
now i consider this as part of play/skill (why AI dont use this :S )

4.Feeding your dragon/fallen angels by birds of yourteammate (2v2 3v3 4v4) or feeding by diplomatic giving birds to enemy/teammate and destroy them later

Me:I think in teammate plays its should be allowed its using mechanics without any changing also its require little co-op between players
but diplomatic giving should be not allowed, cause giving units to enemy/teammate to later kill them is something which i just cant accept, dunno why (maybe cause its not appear in starcraft(omg that 2 other games:S ) )

5.How about trebs?

Me: {blablabla} that is aramon unit which i think have little to big range comparing to other units "similar" (treb 2700; trebship 2037; mortar 1450; prismatic 1200; then regular high mana maps frontline ordinary units 850-900)
i think it should be something like this (treb 2000-2100; trebship maybe still same is hard to protect that ship is really vulnerable to drops snipe(no water gates) so 1800-2000; rest same) {/blablabla}
but i think trebs again are problem only on high mana 3rd typicall crowd map, on cd/dc map even they gonna have bigger range 3000 they wont be as effective as on 3rd

6.How about races?

Me: I think they are ballanced in some specific way (always depends on map cause in this game races got really huge differences, i dont know other game with that big differences) only i hate play against creon frozen dragon bi-tch, really if i could i would ban creon from that game LMFAO (boring race with frozen, with pretty good beast aim and splash(AoE) and good aim prismatic)

7.Deleting units to avoid expirience enemy unit (situation your monarch/3-tier factory got hurt much and you know that enemy ?blade demon? for sure gonna kill it and become gold so you have option to ctrl+d your monarch/structure to avoid expirence)

Me: It still makes me anger (Landherr!!!!!!!) but i think its part of the game (its sometimes hard to predict for sure that something gonna be destroy, also units die with latency 2-7s after ctrl+d, so its hard to proper decide sometimes)

8.Do you want say something about TA:K gameplay which is not mention up

Me: I start this topic so i just write everything that what i wanted to write

P.S
I just want to see opinions about TAK gameplay/ethics/rules problems[b]
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

1.Opening gates
In my most honest opinion, opening gates is dirty trick and should allowed only if you need to move something from gate, but problems can always be caused. I remember a game vs Hatebreeder where I opened my gate on a desperate attempt to save my Elsin from his Exexutioners, but Elsin died and Executioners kept attacking the open gate; I tried to close my gate, but an Executioner was slighly in it, so it didn't close. After a dialogue which kept a couple of mins (and this is A LOT in TA:K online competitive gameplay), Hatebreeder understood he had to move his Executioner from there in order to close.
Furthermore, gates are clearly OP structures which occupy great amount of space, have big LOS, have high health, low building cost, low building time, they are easily healed and hardly destroyed. Because of this and the above, I think gates must be totally banned (both open & closed ones) from serious competitive games.

2.Offscreen
Sometimes it can be viewed like a trick, but honestly it is not. Though I have usually not problems with my opponent sending flying units to the top border of the map, it is quite clearly a bug and it should NOT being allowed in serious/competitive games.

Walling your Monarch with a tons of buildings can be considered a sub-strategy of the global Turtling RTS strategy and, as such, it is fine by me. However, ghost making, despite of personally having no problem with it, it is NOT the way the game should work and it should be allowed in serious/competitive games.

I think this has to do with the units giving thing via the D button. Do we consider cheating to give units to an ally player? If yes, then this is cheating. If not, then bird feeding ought to be an acceptable strategy. It is a Cheesy tactic, but it doesn't come without mana & time being wasted. Cost of X birds plus time consumed to make these X birds, plus the seconds wasted to use the D & unit giving command plus the time our Dragon has spent killing those birds; and this tactic is not even viable in 1v1, though you can still give birds to your opponent, but he/she will see what are you doing and can do exactly the same thing. Finally, maybe it is my belief that Dragons should come with their 3rd attack useable at 2st level (see OTAK balance of early versions), maybe it is the fact dragons needs DAYS to reach their golden shield (10th level), but I really have not any problems at all with this tactic.

5.How about trebs?
Annoying, but I find them just slighly OP. Yes, they wreak havoc, but they cost more than 10,000 mana and can be easily destroyed. They need a truly great defense to become unreachable, and the main reason such a defense can be made at early game is that totally broken & OP Aramonian gates (yes, I hate gates and I am biased)!

6.How about races?
I LOVE the fact we have 5 totally different races and I wouldn't change that even for the most perfect balance in the whole universe!!! I love you However, scripted maps which allows you to use units for multiple races right from the beginning (even in 1v1 games) are easy-to-be-made via the Cartographer. Very Happy

Once more, it is a cheat deleting your unit by pressing Ctrl + D? I think not, and commiting suicide in order not to fall into enemy hands has often been used through the history of humankind. Moreover, a unit needs some time to die with the Ctrl + D command, so you may still have a few milliseconds to finish your job.

8.?Freestyle?
I think we need more custom scenarios for greater gameplay versality. Furhtermore, I would like seeing more community members participating in my map contest and in scripted map building in general. Smile

So, let's sum up:
1a. Open Gates = BAN
1b. Closed Gates = BAN
2. Off-screen = BAN
3a. Walling = ALLOW
3b. Ghost-making = BAN
4. Feeding = ALLOW
5. Trebs = ALLOW
6. Races = they're fine
7. Ctrl & D = ALLOW
8. freestyle: more map scripts

But I would play TA:K no matter tha rules for the good of TAK!

Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Dont feed your dragon with birds. Feed with Fallen Angels Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm

MalinOMW wrote:
I want to ask in this topic what do you feel about some stuff/rules (please answer on this questions don't flame/spam or dont answer on some other answers Smile )

1.Opening gates
2.Offscreen
5.How about trebs?
6.How about races?
8.?Freestyle?

i'm answering this before reading other people's opinions

1. i would find weird if you couldn't open gates lol
2. common sense is don't use top but idc
3. in english please?
4. i never saw any1 feeding a fallen angel. feeding a dragon is off by common sense but imo any kind of feeding should be on
5. whats the problem with trebs?
6. i love tak races!
7. thats called skill
8. this is a good topic, gj!
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

On this list the only 2 topics I care and will argue if the opponent is using is 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 pm

1.Opening gates

Close them after you walk through.

2.Offscreen

Don't do it.

Perfectly fine.

Feeding has been unethical since TAK came out.

5.How about trebs?

I always play with trebs. Learn how to deal with them better.

6.How about races?

Zhon and Taros need more neo dragon mitigation. That's my only gripe.

It's unethical so I only do it to be a dick to my friends if I've already lost.

8.?Freestyle?

Yo, yoyoyo, drop a beat....
Back to top Go down
Lord ZacDom

Lord ZacDom

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 pm

I say tha most of these are wrong. but shadowing with mon is what makes mon fights fun Razz\

I have never had off screening used agains me in my 5 years online
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zac.domrase
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc   Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules trebs offscreen gates deleting feeding etc
Page 1 of 1