TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Map making competition

Go down 
+3
Bardan
$_ARTHAN
Rachy-DB
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

Map making competition Empty
PostSubject: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 am

We have started a map making competition on facebook, it would be great if as many people as possible could get involved to help boost the interest in the game and facebook page. Simply make a 4v4 map and screenshot via cartographer and post onto the TA:K page wall. Competition closes Sunday 21st July and all pictures will be put on the main page to be voted on. The map with the most likes in 1 week wins and we will use in 4v4's to get it into circulation! Have fun making some creative and fun maps! I have posted the first one to get the ball rolling. Thanks in advance, Rachy Smile xx

The page is: www.facebook.com/TAKingdoms

Last edited by Rachy-DB on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am

A link to the corresponding fb page would be much appreciated.
And really thanks Rachy for starting such an awesome competition! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 am

Will there be categories? Like, Best Heads Up 1v1, or Best Multiplayer Small (up to 4 players) and Best Multiplayer Large (up to Cool? Maybe Best Scripted as well?
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:30 pm

No this one is for 4v4 maps because that's what seems to be lacking now we are getting more 4v4 games! Maybe in the future we can do another map type if this one goes well! X
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:43 pm

hmm in Manolo pack there are every 4v4 !x!y!z type map,
probably many of them sux in gameplay style, but there are 35 other combination of x y z, (btw with middle there gonna be 36(but middle sux specially in 4v4 ,IMO)

hmm, after some minutes
ok in Manolo pack there are 41 4v4!x!y!z (for 35 combination of xyz so its 1,17 map per combination xD) maps so yea we need more xD

BTW good idea to making TA:K more active, da-mn* i probably gonna make at least 1 map, but still not sure about details

*after edit, why da-mn is censored \"****\"

Edit i gonna post here which type of combination is something miss (not miss but map available sux ;/ )
anyway make anytype map, but this instruction might be usefull for somebody
Spoiler:

Last edited by $ MalinOMW on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Malin you have to make a map and submit it Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 pm

If someone makes maps in proper pos like OMW said then put the host on bottom if its top vs bottom please... actually someone could take the opportunity to remake the Manolo's pack of 1k maps putting the host always on bottom when it's top vs bottom Razz but yea that's asking too much
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Not sure I follow. Do people not use punctuation these days?
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm

You should see some native speakers of your country in this forum, lol.

I actually bothered to search for some and didn't have to look far, it's from someone in this topic: "I play daily nowadays and can tell you people who I have seen on here in the last 6 months if you like because everytime a new player comes into a room I add them and delete someone I havent seen for months" lol, at least I used "..." and an emoticon.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Bardan wrote:
Not sure I follow. Do people not use punctuation these days?

People in this forum are just lazy and think "you understood? Ok, then don't complain about that". xP
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:01 am

Not trying to get off topic or be offensive, but I didn't say anything about nations of origin. Just punctuation, the rules of which are fairly universal, I should think.

So back to topic, in terms of the mapping, what was it you were trying to say? All I truly understood was remaking maps with "south" mentioned...
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:04 am

DK-Manolo wrote:

People in this forum are just lazy and think "you understood? Ok, then don't complain about that". xP

The thing is, I often don't understand without proper punctuation. When speaking or writing, I attempt to use as specific diction as possible, whereby misinterpretations are avoided and comprehension adequately facilitated. Punctuation paucity only serves to undermine the inherent message.
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:10 am

Bardan wrote:
Not trying to get off topic or be offensive
Really? you did that quite well though, a miraculous coincidence just after Landherr posted... lol fans.
Quote :
but I didn't say anything about nations of origin.
Yep, I said it. And I didn't really have to say it, for what's a goddamn videogame forum lol, and one that's always been dead.
Quote :
Just punctuation, the rules of which are fairly universal, I should think.
Actually, those are English rules.

Quote :
So back to topic, in terms of the mapping, what was it you were trying to say? All I truly understood was remaking maps with "south" mentioned...
You don't understand what is bottom in TAK? have you ever played a goddamn online game? lol, why am I even bothering.

And hell you don't rly need to be half decent at TAK to understand what is bottom in bottom vs top. Damm fans always trying to start something. My idea is to favor more balanced maps, like LvR maps. But if you're playing TvB maps then at least put the host in bottom.

NOW IGNORING THE CRAP, tomorrow is greve geral (general strike) in BR, so tell people about 4v4 maps!
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 am

Landherr this was supposed to be a nice topic about a competition that should be fun and get people interested in tak. Why bring MY grammar into it just because we are from the same country?! You are a nasty piece of work, just butt out if you don't have anything constructive to add. And bardan if you don't understand a sentence that's missing a few little dots and lines then you mustn't be very clever. Back on topic please!
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:36 am

Is this fucking faggot for real? This is what got this topic away "Not sure I follow. Do people not use punctuation these days?" I just said that people don't even care about punctuation, unless it's Landherr. It's like changing nicknames, people don't care unless it's Landherr.

Wtf are you expecting me to do?

And it's disappointed to see how blind you are, here's the "nothing constructive" I had to add:
Quote :
host always on bottom when it's top vs bottom
Quote :
My idea is to favor more balanced maps, like LvR maps. But if you're playing TvB maps then at least put the host in bottom.
Seriously, I didn't start drama, like usual. I also didn't offend you first so you had this one coming.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:41 am

If you want a map that's like that then create your own and submit it. People have free reign on what sort of map they want to make. It's a fun competition, not map making for nazi's. have fun!
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:47 am

Weird, I was taking in consideration what you said "No this one is for 4v4 maps because that's what seems to be lacking now we are getting more 4v4 games!". I assumed that's what was required, and clearly that's what other people here assumed from what you said too.

I just mentioned something that should be pretty basic, like both sides having the same amount of mana. If that wasn't the case then 4v4 maps aren't lacking, since there are countless original maps for 8p.

Ah... and you're not from the same country as him, I was actually referring to other people. But you're still native english speaker. And clearly he understood what I meant from the start and he just wanted to point that shit up, for no point but to show himself as another fan, as usual.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:36 am

Wow, that all turned into something very vicious for no real reason. I expressed confusion due to a lack of punctuation. That is ALL it was. Landherr, I don't know you, but I do apologize if I somehow offended you or anyone else. Your behavior is unwarranted. Now, you say I understood from the start, but played the fool to "point that shit up" and act "another fan" whatever that's supposed to mean. But no, don't act like you know me, I really had a hard time understanding what you said. Here:

Quote :
If someone makes maps in proper pos like OMW said then put the host on bottom if its top vs bottom please... actually someone could take the opportunity to remake the Manolo's pack of 1k maps putting the host always on bottom when it's top vs bottom Razz but yea that's asking too much

From this, reading back over it carefully, I see you want the host on bottom. But the way the sentence runs on without any break in flow, its a nuisance to comprehension. To a mind trained to the ways of punctuation, this sort of thing causes sort of a short-circuit situation and I cannot read it for what it says. That's not me being a jerk, or a "fan" or whatever, it was merely me stating fact. So please, Landherr, continue to show your \"***\" and divert this thread from the reason it was made. Further, if you believe this forum is and has always been dead, why are you posting here? Clearly it is not dead, nor would you consider it so, if you continue to check it regularly. Your logic is flawed.

I am done responding to you. Please do not respond to me.

Now, Rachy, I'm sorry an off-chance comment by myself seems to have ruined your post here. But as I understand it, I would like to contribute to this competition. It is a 4v4 map, and that's the only real requirement.
-Would you like as well one of those mini-maps to preface the entry (not sure what they're called, really, the example maps)?
-Is there a limit to map size? That is, would you like to see something fewer than 30x30? Larger than 10x10?
-I assume the tileset is up to us, but I'm also assuming you'd prefer to have maps made in the tilesets of OTAK & IP? That is, no Evergreen tileset or - blast, what was the other one? Wastes? (Actually, now that I mention that one, I'm not sure many others ever had it...) And I've been away for so long, I don't know that efforts to convert TA tilesets ever succeeded - no?
-The content, I assume, is otherwise up to us. That is, whether we choose an all-land map, or islands, rivers, etc?

Anyway, yeah. Just trying to get particulars.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Hey, I don't really understand how all of the mapping works but as far as size and tiles go, you can do whatever you like as long as you feel it is playable in an online game. If the tiles you are speaking about work in regular games then by all means use them. The more different creative maps we have the better in my opinion Smile you just have to screen shot it via cartographer and post it on to the Facebook wall. Thanks for participating. And just ignore landherr, he's obviously angry at life and has to make every one else feel shit. Possibly he has a tiny (c o c k...)?
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:34 pm

what "Razz"? I used an emoticon: Razz. Sentences had two breaks, the content was so obvious I could've made it in a single run. And of course I don't know you, I shouldn't even have paid attention to that crap. I don't give a \"****\" if you're stupid and can't understand something so simple. Oh wait, you DID understand. You keep discussing with chris and his 5 lines in a row without dots and never cry about it. Just to show you that you don't care about punctuation. If you even cared at all you'd never answer to chris, and you'd have made a comment about OMW, and even several other people on the forum.

I also didn't say this forum has always been dead. I said TAK has always been dead. And I just said I don't have to write a damm dissertation in fucking videogame TAK's forum, because a lot of people don't do it, just because I'm Landherr (yes you know me, and congratulations you got yourself my attention and a flame, superman!). English is also second language for a lot of people here, so cool it down big boy and yes you are being a jerk and personal against me, with an unnecessary and offtopic troll comment. Successful though, good job.

Now I'm done responding to you. Do whatever you want, however next time don't open your wanna be hole to even ask me anything, because I shouldn't have even bothered with your punk \"***\" in the first place.

Ok now let me pretend I'm still in topic:
"sorry for answering a troll scrub who I don't even know and talk to me like that, I just have just ignored him". I'll make a 4v4 map. Unlike the scrub, I at least read what you said and already realized that the map has no size limit.

And sup with the date on forum, it's impossible to tell the year of the topics and posts anymore?
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Rachy-DB wrote:
And just ignore landherr, he's obviously angry at life and has to make every one else feel shit. Possibly he has a tiny (c o c k...)?
Look at this lol. If someone talk me shit I'll probably answer, you're not seeing me freely provoking people, like you or bardnigger.

I'm quite happy at life, I don't go around at videogame posts just because the guy is the best to talk about "punctuation". And rachy I'm sorry to disappoint you but my cock's probably bigger than yours. lmfao
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 pm

I'd hope so /:
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:49 pm

What about Bardan and Landherr apologize and be friends? Very Happy

If I was Sage, I already had removed these posts.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:51 pm

its open competition, so make map as you want, but ofc with some basic sense
(IMO mode)(no smaller than* 5x5, no bigger than 20x20(cause its hard to manage/view/control/see radar on those map size)(IMO mode off)

not original titleset have one drawback, map become bigger and with limited kingdoms connection (something 10-20KB/s**) map can download pretty long and it can be little anoying

content? weird question its up to you

BUT remember the "most liked" map gonna win this competition (its all about it Very Happy)

*ofc you can make map whatever you want, but bad maps*** one won't be played(liked xD) at all probably (if you play some multiplayer games you should feel the "people expectations" )

**no matter what speed have user and host, game have own right's and limits (typically in older games)

***bad maps = unliked/unplayable etc in this case

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 pm

See, OMW made exactly the same post before and the scrub didn't say anything. Should I apologize for being trolled? Lol, I apologize for being trolled by countless wanna bes in this forum.

And let's all ignore Landherr, unless of course when he teachs you TAK. Like Rachy who probably got owned at WZ? I don't know. Then came back around 2011 if I'm not mistaken knowing shadow and attack/build, at the time I was posting about it in this forum including videos. He never ignores Landherr then.

Come on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Map making competition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next