TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Map making competition

Go down 
+3
Bardan
$_ARTHAN
Rachy-DB
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Map making competition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:54 pm

$ Landherr wrote:
See, OMW made exactly the same post before and the scrub didn't say anything. Should I apologize for being trolled? Lol, I apologize for being trolled by countless wanna bes in this forum.

And let's all ignore Landherr, unless of course when he teachs you TAK. Like Rachy who probably got owned at WZ? I don't know. Then came back around 2011 if I'm not mistaken knowing shadow and attack/build, at the time I was posting about it in this forum including videos. He never ignores Landherr then.

Come on.

Relax dude. Let's all give our bests to create good & playable 4v4 maps.
However, I wish to ask 1 last thing; do we have to create just a single possible alliance combination (eg. 4v4 2!3!4!) or to include a combination that hasn't been created before (eg. 4v4 2!5!7!)?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 pm

there are every type combination, create what you want,
i just give proposition of combination which don't have good map in Manolo pack, and should be replaced by better one
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Great, I had a 4v4 map almost made, then I had the genius idea of putting a couple creon trees and it crashed lol.

Finally: http://www.mediafire.com/?2pe2kuw6ph96aoa

4v4 !4!5!8 cool as ice

For whoever cares.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm

gj,
regular simply just game type map

{imo mode on}i would make sacred sites little far away from border for avoid annoying "dumb thirsha" during building lodestone{imo off}
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Seems to crash whenever anyone goes into creon trees. Myself and slowsnail have the same problem!
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 pm

i had also problems with some zhon titleset, but not remember what type (but i lost something 1 hour cause of that :S )
Cartographer is quite bugged Sad
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I just decided what I'm going to make. When's the deadline?
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Sunday 21st July. Post on Facebook!
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Hmm, I might be able to do that, then. I have some reports to do first, though.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 am

First of all, it is not Cartographer's problem the fact you don't save your work every 15mins at least. Anyone who works on PCs and makes any kind of project has this as a main rule; save your progress every 5, 10 or 15 mins. ;D

Secondly, Zhon tileset is fine. The crash may was caused from other stuff. There is a slight possibility the Zhonian sounds to crash the game but that's not sure.

On the other hand, Creon tileset is going to crash if you open the Trees, Sound or Misc (not sure about Misc) folders. This is well known guys. The only way to include trees is to copy/paste "Tomb of Garacaius (by Whitehammer)" skirmish map, open its copy, rename it to 4v4 awesome map or whatever and land lasso the tiles with the trees in order to copy/paste them and then move them around the map and place them wherever you want. I made 2 maps which use plenty of creonite Trees that way.

Finally, keep in mind that Volcano and Cavern tilesets are also buggy. You can build a Sea Fort and Naval Shipyard on the metal ground of Volcano tileset, though they won't produce any ships and it is just a minor annoyance in fact. However, Cavern has a serious bug; if you place water, any ground units will move on the water like it is ground and you won't be able to build any ships. However, there is a map called "Hades (by Whitehammer)" which has a properly functioning Cavern tileset, so copy/paste that map and edit it in whatever way you want (of course, you can resize it to fit in your needs).

Cartographer's bugs are minor and easily solved by those who know. As for the Trees, please don't make a scene guys, you don't like trees & rocks & neutral stuff at multiplayer maps in the fisrt place, do you? Razz

*** EDIT:

And here is my map: 4v4 3!5!7! ARTHRachyComp

Here is my map's image:
Map making competition - Page 2 ArthRachCompPic
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 am

Hmm, I prefer the real world feel of having all the "neutral" ambient stuff on a map. I dislike arena type maps, so if that's what this competition is looking for, I might opt out.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:44 am

Arthan can you post that onto tak page please? Smile xx
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 am

I guess, the creon trees are really bugged. But, if you see in TA:K Switcher, there is an addon called IPcartfix, with the description:

"This fixes three Cartographer crashes.

1.)  crenoise

2.)  cretrees

3.)  volcano flat single tile."

So, use this to make your creon maps with trees without crashing. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Can you mod to add custom tiles etc on the map?
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Yea as long as its playable on normal games spaghetti x
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:11 am

link for map and jpeg:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzVadpcR3a1aMFdjaUtDalBsLXc&usp=sharing&tid=0BzVadpcR3a1aelhDM0hUTFlWRlE
(if something not work say it please FAST Very Happy) (build 2)

Programs used to construction:
-cartographer
-hpiview, hpipack (for make Zhon titleset in middle)
-paint (for awesome design of screenshots (ctrl+c, ctrl+v, printscreen Very Happy) )

ok 4v4 !2!3!5 Expand map
type:99% 3rd style
titleset: Taros (with middle Zhon)
Map size: 10x6
amount of manas
total:56 (+1120)
In base :32, per player 4 (+80)
In natural expansion:16,per player 2 (+40)
In middle:8, per "fighting couple" 2

Suggested Rules:
-no ofscreen
-no aramon Trebs (its easy to counter veruna treb, so i suggest to not forbidden it)
-no feed

Suggested Strategy:
1)Picks choose (every race have advantages but in this map i feel that)
Zhon for rocs, swamp,jungle
Taros for FM, lichies, weather
Veruna for mortar, treb ship, lighthouse
Creon for trying to counter Zhon, and block roc production
Aramon optional race (depends on rules if regular trebs are allowed Aramon, should replace veruna)

2)Playing, try take as many mana as possible Very Happy,
citadel/temple other tier3 factory rush can be painfull for your future situation,  need co-op of them
X)thats all from suggested (it wasn't played in multiplayer, so its hard to say without real test)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map making competition   Map making competition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Map making competition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2